Thread: route mail transfer

Hybrid View

Default route mail transfer

Hi
    We have installed a zimbra server with 3 domains. The mails are fetched from ISP with fetchmail and distributed to the accounts.

Everything works fine - Mails for the domains installed are trasfered local others are trasmitted by the smtp from the ISP.

Now I hava a problem with one mailaccount where the mails should stay at the ISP and read from an external address. (Our the Zimbraserver is only local accessable). As I don't fetch the mails there are no problems with external mails, but if I send an mail to this account from an internal account Zimbra tries to deliver the mail local and the mail will never reach the ISP.

Is there a possibility to route mails for this account or this domain external, so that the mails will end up on the mailaccount by our ISP?

you can not do this on a per user basis. you can configure zimbra to relay all mail for the domains it hosts to an external smtp server, and then that server would be responsible for delivering stuff locally or keeping it at the isp. you configure this in the admin interface under servers -> your server -> mta tab and change the webmail mta to your isps smtp server

Thank for your quick reply.

This would meen I have to change it for all domains and all mails would be trasfered to the isp first.
    Last edited by hubg; 04-04-2012 at 09:01 AM.