Thread: Shared folders can be deleted by "Delegate" users

Default Shared folders can be deleted by "Delegate" users

Not sure if you consider this to be a bug, but at the very least I feel like it
    an undesirable feature...

Using the latest ZCO build (ZimbraConnectorOLK_7.1.4.6356_x86.msi) with Outlook
    2007 SP3, I created shared folders (have tried calendars and contacts so far). I assigned permissions to another Zimbra user who is also running the same version of Outlook and ZCO, giving them "Reviewer" status. They cannot alter the items, nor the shared folders (as expected). However, if I change them to a "Delegate", the can modify the items (again, expected)...BUT THEY CAN ALSO DELETE THE SHARED FOLDERS (not expected)!

The deleted items (and folders) cannot be restored using the "Recover Deleted Items" feature of the webmail client (even though they appear in my listing of "recoverable deleted items", nothing happens when I attempt to recover them).

Am I overlooking a subtle permission issue/option here, or is this otherwise a
    desired design feature? Shouldn't the deletion of the shared folder itself only be allowed for an "Administrator" role?

I submitted a ticket to Zimbra Support. As a response, I am being told that this is by design.

If that is the case, then I feel there should be a permission level added in a
    future update that is “higher” than Reviewer, and “lower” than “Delegate”.

If the user is a Reviewer, they CANNOT add/edit/delete individual items within
    the shared folder (which I agree with). If the user is a Delegate, they CAN add/edit/delete individual ITEMS (which is good), but they can ALSO delete the SHARED FOLDER (which is BAD…I feel only the Administrator rights should allow that ability!).

I propose a new permission level that is in between the two, such as “Editor”: Can create/edit/delete ITEMS inside a shared folder, BUT cannot
    edit/delete the SHARED FOLDER itself!

My users have already caused problems because they “accidentally” deleted
    or moved the shared folder (they cannot simply be Reviewers, because they need to update shared calendar and contact items…so I must make them Delegates at the present time).

Thank you for this consideration. Please add this feature request to the
    queue.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

If you wish to add a feature request then you should file an Enhancement Request in bugzilla (link at the top of this page)
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi

You know if there is some workaround about that?? There must be some way to make users dont delete aacidentally a shared folder

Thanks

has anyone already found a way to solve this Problem ? same thing here

cheers

Hi!

I realized that user can delete a shared folder, but just delete "link" to shared folder, if user search shared folder again there is.

Its enough for me.