Thread: External Website doesnt work

Angry External Website doesnt work

HI,

I have configured a windows DNS Server with VMWare Zimbra with a domain name example.com. Email Server works fine and all the related services are running perfectly fine. Email Server is behind the NAT while my webserver is hosted on a different location means outside NAT. As the configured DNS records are working fine for local system but from the internal network i cannot browse to my orginal website. All the DNS hits to the email server and DNS doesnt resolve the name for my external website.

Any suggestions ?

Regards

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Ypou should not add your posts to old threads, in future start a new thread. I'll move your posts to a separate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rajatoseef View Post
    I have configured a windows DNS Server with VMWare Zimbra with a domain name example.com. Email Server works fine and all the related services are running perfectly fine. Email Server is behind the NAT while my webserver is hosted on a different location means outside NAT. As the configured DNS records are working fine for local system but from the internal network i cannot browse to my orginal website. All the DNS hits to the email server and DNS doesnt resolve the name for my external website.
    Then you obviously haven't configured your Split DNS correctly, I'd suggest you read the article and use the commands in the 'Verify ...' section of that article to confirm your settings.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks Phoenix,

I have seen most of the split-domain options in linux. But in my case i am using Microsoft windows as DNS Server and i cant find any details of configuring split-domain in windows 2008 R2.

Regards

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rajatoseef View Post
    I have seen most of the split-domain options in linux. But in my case i am using Microsoft windows as DNS Server and i cant find any details of configuring split-domain in windows 2008 R2.
    It's a Split DNS (not Split Domain) and the configuration is exactly the same, you need to look at the records in the Split DNS article and create those in your Windows DNS server.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Unable to send the email to gmail or yahoo

HI all,

I can send email to hotmail and it works fine. But as i send to gmail or yahoo it doesnt work and mail queue shows in deffered that domain gmail.com and yahoo.com.

There is no error message delivery to any of the gmail or yahoo accounts. i am in sort of urgency if someone can help.

Regards