Thread: Restrict user logins to their own domain?

Default Restrict user logins to their own domain?

The situation -

Users on domain1.com are able to login via the web login on domain2.com.

How can I stop this from happening?

domain1.com is the original domain associated with Zimbra and domain2.com is an additional one. I've tried multiple google searches for this as well as the search above and have only come up with a few threads that don't even pertain to this specifically.

IE - http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...ic-domain.html

Restrict users to certain domain - Zimbra :: Wiki
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Can anyone chime in on this?

Are you just trying to login with 'username' and not domain?

If you create domain1.com, it becomes the default domain if users try to login. So usera@domain1.com can login using the username 'usera'.

Now if you create a second domain domain2.com, and a different 'usera@domain2.com' then that user has to login using the full username.

However, usera@domain1.com could go to the web address for domain2, and login using just 'usera', but he woudln't be logging into usera@domain2.com. He'd be logging into domain1.com still

not sure how much sense that makes

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    Are you just trying to login with 'username' and not domain?

If you create domain1.com, it becomes the default domain if users try to login. So usera@domain1.com can login using the username 'usera'.

Now if you create a second domain domain2.com, and a different 'usera@domain2.com' then that user has to login using the full username.

However, usera@domain1.com could go to the web address for domain2, and login using just 'usera', but he woudln't be logging into usera@domain2.com. He'd be logging into domain1.com still

not sure how much sense that makes
    Yeah that's whats going, if two users with the same username try and log in with either domain it will choose one over the other, I want to make it so the domains can accept only the username for the domain they are at.

So userA at domain1.com can log in just fine as they belong to that domain even if there is another userA with domain2.com.

So essentially I want it to filter the logins and only allow logins for usernames only if the domains match up...

If that makes sense....

i think the address you're using to access domain1 and domain2 need to be listed as virtualhosts for the individual domains.

See this post

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...tml#post100511

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    i think the address you're using to access domain1 and domain2 need to be listed as virtualhosts for the individual domains.

See this post

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...tml#post100511

I had already set up those, but it doesn't matter, it still allows userA on domain 1 to use domain2 web login or userA on domain2 to use domain1.com....

Virtual hosts wont take care of the problem of ambiguity between domains....meaning I cant set up a virtual host so I can login with admin on domain1, it still looks at domain2 to see if theres an admin account, and since there is it fails.