Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Errors in daily admin mail

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Errors in daily admin mail

    Does anyone have any insight to what these errors are caused by? They occured after the update to 7.2.0.

    Warnings
    --------
    postfix-script (total: 3)
    1 not owned by root: /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.7.8.3z/conf/master.cf.in
    1 not owned by root: /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.7.8.3z/conf/master.cf
    1 not owned by root: /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.7.8.3z/conf/main.cf
    smtp (total: 4)
    4 SASL authentication failure: No worthy mechs found
    smtpd (total: 1)
    1 96.243.16.170: hostname static-96-243-16-170.bflony.fios.verizo...
    Thanks for any assistance. everything SEEMS to be working okay despite the errors.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    As root, run /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms --verbose --extended and that should take care of it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Gave it a try

    Will let you know in a couple of days. Thank You!

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crayz9000 View Post
    As root, run /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms --verbose --extended and that should take care of it.
    The first three 'warnings' are just that and the permissions on those files should not be changed (as mentioned a few times in the forums). The SASL error line isn't fixed by running zmfixperms it's fixed by one of these solutions: site:zimbra.com +"SASL authentication failure: No worthy mechs found" - Yahoo! Search Results
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    The first three 'warnings' are just that and the permissions on those files should not be changed (as mentioned a few times in the forums). The SASL error line isn't fixed by running zmfixperms it's fixed by one of these solutions: site:zimbra.com +"SASL authentication failure: No worthy mechs found" - Yahoo! Search Results
    So I shouldn't have executed that? Will this cause more errors? Or am I good to go?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Ah. Got it.

    Still, there shouldn't be any harm in running zmfixperms, right? As opposed to manually going and chown'ing random files?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crayz9000 View Post
    Ah. Got it.

    Still, there shouldn't be any harm in running zmfixperms, right? As opposed to manually going and chown'ing random files?
    I would hope not, otherwise what is the purpose of having it there if it only breaks things right? Im considerably new to linux though so what do I know. Only been working with it for about a month....

  8. #8
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crayz9000 View Post
    Still, there shouldn't be any harm in running zmfixperms, right?
    That's correct, it does no harm but in this case it's unnecessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crayz9000 View Post
    As opposed to manually going and chown'ing random files?
    You'd be surprised how many people do that and then have problems with Zimbra.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    That's correct, it does no harm but in this case it's unnecessary.

    You'd be surprised how many people do that and then have problems with Zimbra.
    So i suppose its a good thing that im too scared to mess with linux permissions my self. (except for files and directories that i create.)

  10. #10
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dusfer View Post
    So i suppose its a good thing that im too scared to mess with linux permissions my self. (except for files and directories that i create.)
    That's a very cautious (and sensible) statement.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Similar Threads

  1. Zimbra server is not accessible
    By tezarin in forum Administrators
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 03:34 AM
  2. can't send/recieve emails from certain domains
    By kristofersen in forum Administrators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2011, 08:52 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 09:14 AM
  4. fresh install down may be due to tomcat
    By gon in forum Installation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 08:09 AM
  5. Seeming variety of problems on suse-9.1
    By Crexis in forum Installation
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •