Thread: Migrating from Ubuntu 8.04/Zimbra 7.1.3 to Ubuntu 10.04/Zimbra 7.2.0

Hybrid View

Default Migrating from Ubuntu 8.04/Zimbra 7.1.3 to Ubuntu 10.04/Zimbra 7.2.0

Hello,

We have currently a Zimbra 7.1.3 GA Open Source Edition server, deployed under an Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS x86_64 based server.

We would like to migrate it to an Ubuntu 10.04 LTS x86_64 based server, running Zimbra 7.2.0 GA Open Source Edition.

My question is : what should I update first ? The OS (Ubuntu) or Zimbra ? Also, if I update Zimbra first and then Ubuntu, should I reinstall/re-update Zimbra later, as then Zimbra will be based on a package meant to be installed under Ubuntu 8.04 and I'll be using Ubuntu 10.04 ?

Does someone had that sort of problema before and would like to share experiences ?

Since 10.04 was release 2 years ago and Zimbra has been available on it for well over a year I think you should try searching either this forum or using a well known but unnamed search engine first.

Seriously, this topic was covered in the last month on this very forum. No one here is paid to be here.

Thought I'd post before you either get a less friendly answer or ignored.

Default Thank you

Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to let you know that it was never my intention to post a question and wait indefinitely for a reply and/or demand an answer from someone.

I know that no one is being paid to answer questions and even if someone was being paid, it wasn't me the one who was giving money so I can't really demand an answer anyway.

Nevermind, I figured out how to do it and the migration is already done. The question was just to find out if someone had a different experience about this topic which he/she could share with me.

I realise I should have searched the forum history first but, as I said, I did not needed a definite answer but just ideas on how that could be accomplished so I could compare with mine and decide which approach was better.

Anyway, thank you.