Thread: LDAP data not correct on replica host

Default LDAP data not correct on replica host

Hi All,

Recently my company upgraded ZCS from 7.1.3 to 7.2. My setup is that we have 2 MTA and 3 mailstore where mail01 (one of the MTA) is the LDAP master and mail02 is the LDAP replica host.

I use the Zimbra Admin console to create a test account "btest@abc.com". I did a search on mail01 and found that the test account in not found in mail01. I then did a search on mail02 and found that the test account is found there.

We noticed a problem with the SSL certs in the LDAP master and replica host which we have resolved but as a result, there is some leftover damage to the LDAP.

On the LDAP master, I did a zmprov -l gaa abc.com | grep test and I got:
    atest@abc.com

On the replica host, I did a zmprov -l gaa abc.com | grep test and I got:
    atest@abc.com
    btest@abc.com

Checking zmreplchk show the LDAP replication is in sync. From Zimbra Admin console, I can see the "btest@abc.com" account but am unable to delete it from Zimbra.

Based on the above, I want to ask:
    1. How can I remove the extra data (btest@abc.com) in mail02?
    2. Is there a command to force the replica host to remove items not found in the master host?
    3. Is there a command to reinitialize the replica host so that it drops all database and re-sync from the LDAP master?

Thanks & Regards.

Default LDAP Sync check

Hi All,

I would like to refresh this topic. Now my Zimbra servers is upgraded to Release 8.0.6.GA.5922.UBUNTU12.64 UBUNTU12_64 FOSS edition. This problem of the LDAP database out-of-sync is still there so now I found out that you can actually do a ldap import from the master ldap which I have done.

Now I want to check the ldap replication status and I tried to use /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmreplchk, I got the following error
    [CODE]zimbra@mail02:/$ /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmreplchk
    SSL_ca_path /opt/zimbra
    /conf/ca does not exist at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/IO/Socket/SSL.pm line 377.
    [CODE]

I tried to run it in /opt/zimbra and / also does not work. I checked that I have the /opt/zimbra/conf/ca directory. What is wrong? Is there other ways to check the LDAP sync?

Thanks & Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinemishakal View Post
    Hi All,

Recently my company upgraded ZCS from 7.1.3 to 7.2. My setup is that we have 2 MTA and 3 mailstore where mail01 (one of the MTA) is the LDAP master and mail02 is the LDAP replica host.

I use the Zimbra Admin console to create a test account "btest@abc.com". I did a search on mail01 and found that the test account in not found in mail01. I then did a search on mail02 and found that the test account is found there.

We noticed a problem with the SSL certs in the LDAP master and replica host which we have resolved but as a result, there is some leftover damage to the LDAP.

On the LDAP master, I did a zmprov -l gaa abc.com | grep test and I got:
    atest@abc.com

On the replica host, I did a zmprov -l gaa abc.com | grep test and I got:
    atest@abc.com
    btest@abc.com

Checking zmreplchk show the LDAP replication is in sync. From Zimbra Admin console, I can see the "btest@abc.com" account but am unable to delete it from Zimbra.

Based on the above, I want to ask:
    1. How can I remove the extra data (btest@abc.com) in mail02?
    2. Is there a command to force the replica host to remove items not found in the master host?
    3. Is there a command to reinitialize the replica host so that it drops all database and re-sync from the LDAP master?

Thanks & Regards.