My office mail servers setup are as follows:
1. 2 frontend server (mail01 and mail02) as MTAs and Admin console.
2. 3 backend server (mail05, mail06 and mail07) as mail stores.
All server are running "Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition."
I have the following setup:
1. User#1 is configured to have an account on mail07.
2. User#2 is configured to have an account on mail05.
3. User#3 is configured to have an account on mail05.
I have a requirement to share User#3 (mail05) account to User#1 (mail07) and therefore I did the sharing using the following command:
1. Login to one of the frontend server (mail01) as zimbra user and share the mailbox of User#3 to User#1
adminAuthenticate -u https://mailz.abc.com:7071 firstname.lastname@example.org password
mfg / account email@example.com rwidx
cm /user3_mb firstname.lastname@example.org /
2. Login to webmail and check that the mount point is created in User#1's account.
3. Login to Zimbra Admin console, edit the User#1 account, under preferences -> Sending mail
- Enable "Save to sent"
- Allow sending mail only from these addresses: email@example.com
- Save the setting.
4. Login to User#1 webmail and click on preferences -> Mail -> Accounts, setup the persona for User#3 on this account.
5. In the same account User#1, click on preferences -> Mail -> Filters, setup a filter to file a copy of outgoing email from firstname.lastname@example.org to mounted point /user3_mb/Sent.
6. Open Thunderbird and add a second identities to User#1's account.
7. Configure Thunderbird to place a copy of email sent from the persona to /user3_mb/Sent folder.
8. Use thunderbird to send an email to email@example.com from firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. User#1's Inbox received the email but when I check in the mounted point /user3_mb/Sent folder, there was nothing saved there.
I did a same setup to share User#3 (mail05) account to User#2 (mail05) and did the same email sending test, this time User#2's Inbox received the email and when I check in the mounted point in /user3_mb/Sent folder, a copy of the sent email is found there too.
I checked on the affected servers (mail01, mail05, mail07) and there was no error message to indicate any issue.
Does anyone have an issue when mailboxes in different mailstores, cannot save information across mail stores? Is there a fix for this issue?
Thanks & Regards.