Thread: Migrate Zimbra 6.014 Open Source

Default Migrate Zimbra 6.014 Open Source

Hi everyone,

We are running Zimbra 6.0.14 Open Source Edition in one Desktop PC (Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz, 3 GB RAM) in my company and we're facing many problems with this computer: sometimes the zimbra stop running...(don't know why)
    So we decided to migrate it to one server...

Could anyone give some help (ASAP :'( ) please??? We're having this problem for one week without any solution...

Thanks in advance.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by untnine View Post
    We are running Zimbra 6.0.14 Open Source Edition in one Desktop PC (Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz, 3 GB RAM) in my company and we're facing many problems with this computer: sometimes the zimbra stop running...(don't know why)
    So we decided to migrate it to one server...ese forums is a lack of i
    A desktop PC is not suitable for a ZCS install, wcation of your new hardware?hat is the specifi

Quote Originally Posted by untnine View Post
    Could anyone give some help (ASAP :'( ) please??? We're having this problem for one week without any solution...
    One of the problems with your posts on these forums is a lack of information. You've given no information about the operating system that you're using, no hardware specifications (until this post) and no details of what exactly your problem is. There are many threads in the forums, and wiki articles, on moving ZCS from one server to another (there's even a Zimbra Certified wiki article on the subject) - have you actually read any of those articles or tried them? You need to give more information if you want help from the forum members.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi PHOENIX and thanks for your reply...

Our mail server is Zimbra 6.0.14 Open Source Edition runnineg on CentOS R5.7 (final). The hardware specs. are Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00 GHz, 3 GB of RAM, 500 GB of HDD.

I have backup the mail server (mailboxes, database and all zimbra files - store and index) and copy it to one test server to try to recover this backup.
    I followed the procedures in the wki.zimbra (Open Source Edition Backup Procedure - Zimbra :: Wiki) to backup, but when I was trying to recover it had problems importing the database...(I'll post the error message). The mail server was running with zimbra files from the backup but since importing the database didn't succed, it kept the same database.

Regarding to the migration, I've read the Zimbra to Zimbra Migration articles but still looking for other solutions...

Is there any how to/migration tutorial for this????

Thanks in advance...

Hi all,

Can have your support to migrate Zimbra 6.0.14 Open Source Edition to an earlier edition??????

Please, it's very URGENT! :-(