Thread: Restores from Full Backups that have already been auto deleted - but saved to tape

Default Restores from Full Backups that have already been auto deleted - but saved to tape

We do the standard weekly Full and daily incremental backups and let zimbra auto delete backups older than 30 days. We dump the /opt/zimbra/backup to tape once a month. Can I bring one of these older Full backups back in from tape and put it back into /opt/zimbra/backup/sessions and then restore it? We are on NE 7.1.3. I've opened a support case, but the first response was more of a 'maybe it will work' kind of answer -- which is fine for level 1 while I wait for a better answer.

Thanks,
    Paul

Just to close the loop on this question, since no one had anything to add.

I was able to just restore (from tape) the directory under the sessions directory and do a zmrestore from it just fine.

On a similar note, I was also able to just restore the accounts.xml file under /opt/zimbra/backup -- use that to lookup the ID of the account I needed to restore, then get just that tree under sessions directory and do a zmrestore for that specific account (as opposed to restoring the entire sessions/full-... directory from tape)