Thread: Missing emails after zmztozmig

Default Missing emails after zmztozmig

Hi all,

I had a 6.0.6 NE and moved to 7.2.0 on Monday, on Tuesday users complained that they are missing emails from the day before and I ran zmztozmig tool with "resolve=modify" and that caused emails received after the move and before running of zmztozmig disappear.

Can I bring missing emails back? I was thinking of cloning the vm that the zimbra is on and on the clone do point in time restore to try to get emails??

Any suggestions?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You need to describe what you mean by "moved to". How did you do it and what was the exact procedure.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

The old box was Ubuntu 8.04 with Zimbra 6.0.6 and installed a new Ubuntu 10.04 with Zimbra 7.2.0. We used imapsync to bring mails as the old server had lots of blob errors and we thought that would be the safest option but I later find out about zmztozmig. Then used REST to bring calendars and contacts. At this point all looked OK apart from some users missing emails from on the day of migration and then used zmztozmig

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rojanu View Post
    The old box was Ubuntu 8.04 with Zimbra 6.0.6 and installed a new Ubuntu 10.04 with Zimbra 7.2.0. We used imapsync to bring mails as the old server had lots of blob errors and we thought that would be the safest option but I later find out about zmztozmig. Then used REST to bring calendars and contacts. At this point all looked OK apart from some users missing emails from on the day of migration and then used zmztozmig
    Why did you not use the recommended (and Zimbra Certified) wiki documentation to move from one server to another?
    Last edited by phoenix; 07-07-2012 at 12:06 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Well, I am very new to zimbra, I have started this job and tasked to do the and was given direction on how to go about it. Anyways, I have cloned the live VM and renamed the server using zmsetservername and rolled back to a point where those emails are available.

The problem is now how to get those mails to live server without further mess. I have tried using imapsync and it runs trough mailbox and finishes without errors but mails don't appear on the live box.

Any ideas on how to get mails from 3rd July to new box?