Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using A instead of MX record, in spite of setting

Wish I had some better answers for you, but I don't. Seems strange that it works sometimes and not others. The only thing I noticed is that in both examples you've posted the "delay" is very long. Are these new messages that are failing, or are you still trying to process the deferred queue? Have you dug any deeper into the logs to see if there are more messages associated with these failures?

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan View Post
    Wish I had some better answers for you, but I don't. Seems strange that it works sometimes and not others. The only thing I noticed is that in both examples you've posted the "delay" is very long. Are these new messages that are failing, or are you still trying to process the deferred queue? Have you dug any deeper into the logs to see if there are more messages associated with these failures?
    Thanks for your reply.
    I could not find any other indication of any errors in any logs where I looked.
    DNS setup including BIND was definitely correct. Re-created/deployed certificates, SSH keys, MySQL checks, etc.
    In the end, I :

(Tip: before you do that, get passwords first as well as spam/ham accounts. I used passwords listed in /opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml to use in setup screen)
    So I lost my statistics history and had a few password issues, but server is up and running and it seems all is well.
    It might have been a bit of a desperation move, but with so may clients, I had to do something quick.

Would still have liked to figure out what the problem was though.

Thanks
    Ekkas
    Last edited by ekkas; 07-12-2012 at 07:31 AM.