Thread: Users not showing up in Address book

Hybrid View

Default Users not showing up in Address book

I have a number of users within the same domain, but when I click on their address books, none of the other members of the domain/company show up. They show up fine with autocompleting for calendar and new emails, but not in the address book.

Is there some trick to getting a company/domain wide address book to display for members of the company/domain?

Thanks,

Dan

This is happening on my installation too. Do a blank search and they all show up, but aren't listed when first opening Address Book.

Bertie

Anyone from Zimbra able to comment on this?

Quote Originally Posted by DanCody View Post
    I have a number of users within the same domain, but when I click on their address books, none of the other members of the domain/company show up. They show up fine with autocompleting for calendar and new emails, but not in the address book.

Is there some trick to getting a company/domain wide address book to display for members of the company/domain?

Thanks,

Dan

What you are looking for is GAL search. You can use the pull down in the search bar to search the GAL. By default auto-complete will look at the GAL. There is an option to turn it off in user prefs. For the address book you must search to show members of the GAL by default in the contacts/address book app will show only personal contacts. If you want to see all the GAL just search on . it wil match the . in all email addresses.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

I think the request was to display the whole GAL by default when you open the address book, a la Outlook/Exchange.

Cheers

Bertie

Right, when a user of a particular domain clicks on their address book, we'd like it to be populated with other members of the domain. Is there any way to pre-select the GAL pulldown as you mentioned Kevin?

Thanks,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by bertie_uk View Post
    I think the request was to display the whole GAL by default when you open the address book, a la Outlook/Exchange.

Cheers

Bertie

Having your users go to the Address Book to view the GAL is kind of a clunky way to go about it, IMHO.

What I like to do, is in a Users "Options" area, Address Tab, is select the "Search Gal...." option.

This way, when a user starts a new mail message, they need only to start typing the first name of the internal contact they want to message and it will automatically be populated by the GAL.

Much more efficient than searching, finding, manually selecting your recipients.

Cheers,
    Cheers,

Travis

"Let's look at this from a standpoint of "Status". What exactly, on the Space Craft, IS working?"
    -Flight Control, Apollo 13

Quote Originally Posted by DanCody View Post

Thanks,

Dan
    Try doing a search for "*" - until the gal is browseable (http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=5989) that's the easiest way to get the full display (only works up to 500 entries, though).
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Default "*" doesn't work

The "*" wildcard doesn't work