Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zimbra 8 & IM

Angry About that 'zimlet'

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Spot on bdial ... I was of the understanding that a revised Zimlet would be available, at some point, which would allow one to connect to a remote IM server ? Yep UC (Voice) is now included; Cisco and Mitel, but no OSS Asterisk!, and IM droppped. Great looking ZWC and Admin interface but functionality has indeed gone backwards Our client base would not be happy if we upgrade to ZCS 8 as they love the IM feature and all use it daily in their work.
    I'm always in the understanding of this "unified communication" vmware guys promote as an "all inclusive solution" in the same interface, and not only that, but it has to be a self-dependent solution. Say, what about that CISCO integration?, it seems very cool for those already have spent on that technologies, but HELLO! we are running in the idea of an open-based system so all we are asking is for keep that we had in the previous releases.

Men!, they ain't doing us a favor!, we are paying for this criminal support.

Why not try zextras chat server? I believe its an free module and comes with zimlet as well so I dont think Road warriors should have any issue. Check out their portal

Anyone have any idea how to install Mitel if I don't want to use the "appliance" ?

I also can't find any pricing for it, they're website's not very helpful. Does anyone have any ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by esantos View Post
    I'm always in the understanding of this "unified communication" vmware guys promote as an "all inclusive solution" in the same interface, and not only that, but it has to be a self-dependent solution. Say, what about that CISCO integration?, it seems very cool for those already have spent on that technologies, but HELLO! we are running in the idea of an open-based system so all we are asking is for keep that we had in the previous releases.

Men!, they ain't doing us a favor!, we are paying for this criminal support.

We are using the Cisco Presence services, but have had 0 luck getting Zimbra to integrate and show status. It's been tough finding guidance or support on this aspect as well.

Yes, their chat server works well though am excited to see their XMPP offerings