Thread: Upgraded to 7.2.0, admin console zimlets panel nonfunctional.

Default Upgraded to 7.2.0, admin console zimlets panel nonfunctional.

Hey,

I upgraded my machine yesterday, from ZCS 7.1.3 to 7.2.0. 32-bit version Debian 5 packages, running on Debian 6 as per the ubuquitous howto.

Everything went fine (I even have my daily stats back that were lost when upgrading the machine to Deb 6), except for one thing: the "Zimlets" panel in the administrative console is nonfunctional. No error messages, no nothing - when I click it, the item goes selected-grey; but nothing else happens.

Nothing untowards seems apparent in the logs at first sight; I can still deploy zimlets from the "Admin extensions" panel; and the zimlets I thus deploy show up in the user view and are functional.

There is one new thing in my upgrade: I enabled the memcached that was previously disabled.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour and, more importantly, is anyone aware of a fix?

thx,
    Johan

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by vegiVamp View Post
    I upgraded my machine yesterday, from ZCS 7.1.3 to 7.2.0. 32-bit version Debian 5 packages, running on Debian 6 as per the ubuquitous howto.
    That isn't a supported platform.

Everything went fine (I even have my daily stats back that were lost when upgrading the machine to Deb 6), except for one thing: the "Zimlets" panel in the administrative console is nonfunctional. No error messages, no nothing - when I click it, the item goes selected-grey; but nothing else happens.
    You can try and deploy them again through the command line and see if that helps but because you're using an unsupported platform you're effectively on your own.

There is one new thing in my upgrade: I enabled the memcached that was previously disabled
    Why did you do that? It servers no useful purpose and is not recommended for a single server installation.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    That isn't a supported platform.
    I'm well aware of that. One wonders why there keep being new Deb5 versions and no Deb6 versions even though Deb5 has been EOL for over a year, but that's a different thread entirely. I do note that a Zimbra employee noted in one of those other threads that a Deb6 version is being worked on; and when the choice is between no official support on an already free product or no security upgrades on the OS, it's a pretty easy pick.

You can try and deploy them again through the command line and see if that helps but because you're using an unsupported platform you're effectively on your own.
    Deploys work fine, that's not the problem. If you have reason to suspect that it'll somehow help I will try, of course, but right now that suggestion seems to come out of the blue.

Why did you do that? It servers no useful purpose and is not recommended for a single server installation.
    Based off my understanding of what Memcached is usually used for. Am I wrong in thinking that it is used to cache bits of the webclient? It certainly feels faster; although that might of course be due to improvements in the general codebase, too.