Thread: Missing Blob Error

Threaded View

Somewhere south of the border at this point... nice and sunny

Default Missing Blob Error

So I've searched around to see if other people have had an issue with the infamous "missing blob" error, and it seems that I'm up a creek without a paddle.

I've had some reliablity issues lately with my server and I'm guessing that at somepoint (about a week or so ago), all the older emails (I migrated to Zimbra about 2 weeks ago) that were working are now inaccessible. I can see them in the message list, but it seems that either the database or the index cannot find them. I am using the OSS version 4.0.4 on Mac OS X (PPC variant). And I'm now getting this error:

Code:
    msg - system failure: missing blob for id: 1203, change: 1124
    com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException: system failure: missing blob for id: 1203, change: 1124
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:174)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.getBlob(MailItem.java:632)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MessageCache.fetchFromStore(MessageCache.java:213)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MessageCache.getMimeMessage(MessageCache.java:179)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Message.getMimeMessage(Message.java:270)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ToXML.encodeMessageAsMP(ToXML.java:532)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.Search.addMessageHit(Search.java:280)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.SearchConv.putHits(SearchConv.java:175)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.SearchConv.handle(SearchConv.java:101)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:261)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:162)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:84)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:223)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:173)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:541)
    	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:667)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

code - service.FAILURE
    method - ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    detail - soap:Receiver
    line - 55149
    sourceURL - http://webmail.mechanus.org/zimbra/js/ZimbraMail_all.js.zgz?v=061115183750
    Now, as far as I understand, everytime I restart the Zimbra service, it should reindex those emails, but it seems that that's not happening. Any way to force that to happen? Have I just lost all my emails?

I'm now migrating to a new server, so when I run imapsync, it moves all the pointers (for a lack of a better word) to the new server, but no content - so all those inaccessible emails are now from unknown senders, with no subjects and 0KB.

So, my worry (beyond the fact that the original Zimbra installation cannot "see" those emails) is that IF I do a two step migration (migrating again the old mail from Cyrus to the new Zimbra instance and then whatever the Old Zimbra installation really can grok to the new Zimbra instance) is what kind of junk will i get? Will i have to weed out all the Unknown Sender/No Subject/0KB emails?

It's not a permissions problem (at least not one I can find) - store/ and index/ both belong to zimbra, as well as all the underlying directories.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by segleaur; 12-06-2006 at 08:40 AM.
    cheers,

rodolfo