Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Blackhole' e-mails send to non-zimbra accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by zagman76 View Post
    We can't upgrade until after the new year at the earliest...

Overnight, the queues stalled again, and there was nothing sticking out in the 'mailq' output. The only errors I saw in the zimbra.log were like this:
    Code:
    2006-12-12 08:45:46,108 ERROR [{RemoteManager: mail4.mydomain.com->zimbra@m
    il4.mydomain.com:22}-zmqstat deferred] [] rmgmt - error scanning com.zimbra
    cs.rmgmt.RemoteMailQueue$QueueHandler@8c858a: /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/sbin/po
    tconf: /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.14: no version information available (r
    quired by /opt/zimbra/postfix-2.2.9/sbin/postconf)
    Since this problem happens intermittently, it may be that since you are running 4.0.0 (rather than 4.0.4), you may be hitting the bug where tmpfs is filling up.

http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=8081

If you poke around, I'm sure you can figure out how to disable amavisd-new using tmpfs. (tmpfs was removed in 4.0.3 or 4.0.4 release because of this bug)

Just another word on reasons to upgrade (besides the obvious issue with security updates, stability, etc)... as with any open-source software, the ability to get support from the community on something less than the current version is very limited and dependent on the generosity of the community. Good support is less and less likely the further away you get from the release date of the version you are running when it isn't current.

If you were paying for the network edition, then of course that is a different situation

Quote Originally Posted by jdell View Post
    Since this problem happens intermittently, it may be that since you are running 4.0.0 (rather than 4.0.4), you may be hitting the bug where tmpfs is filling up.

http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=8081

If you poke around, I'm sure you can figure out how to disable amavisd-new using tmpfs. (tmpfs was removed in 4.0.3 or 4.0.4 release because of this bug)

Just another word on reasons to upgrade (besides the obvious issue with security updates, stability, etc)... as with any open-source software, the ability to get support from the community on something less than the current version is very limited and dependent on the generosity of the community. Good support is less and less likely the further away you get from the release date of the version you are running when it isn't current.

If you were paying for the network edition, then of course that is a different situation
    I greatly appreciate your assistance in all of this ... it is definitely not intermittant - it happens at least 3-5 times a day - every day!

When the queues stopped this morning - here was the error as outputted by 'mailq'
    Code:
    2BFCC4A1559     4948 Wed Dec 13 10:17:40  legitamate.user@mydomain.com
                                   (connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]: read timeout)

Quote Originally Posted by zagman76 View Post
    I greatly appreciate your assistance in all of this ... it is definitely not intermittant - it happens at least 3-5 times a day - every day!

When the queues stopped this morning - here was the error as outputted by 'mailq'
    Code:
    2BFCC4A1559     4948 Wed Dec 13 10:17:40  legitamate.user@mydomain.com
                                   (connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]: read timeout)
    Ok, well I'm using 'intermittent' to mean that you can't predict when it will happen next.

The tmpfs problem happens if zimbra happens to be processing/scanning several large emails at the same time and hence runs out of tmp space. When that happens, everything basically queues up until you restart zimbra.

Certainly seems like there is something amiss with your install.

I would double check that you installed all the required packages. I had issues with convertd because the installer missed that I didn't have the libstdc and compat-libstdc stuff installed.

Also, I would also consider switching from fedora to CentOS (if you dont want to pay) or RHEL4. Zimbra is most heavily tested on RHEL4. CentOS is just a clone of RHEL4. I run CentOS and RHEL4 on 3 different installs of ZCS network edition.

Maybe some other Fedora users here will pitch in. I'm out of ideas. Sorry!
    Last edited by jdell; 12-13-2006 at 10:34 AM.