Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Admins cant view mail anymore

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Admins cant view mail anymore

    Running Ubuntu 10.4, and upgraded from 7.2.1 to 8.0.0 today, and everything looks like it working fine. But now the admins have no option to view mail for users. It was there in 7.2. I have done a fair bit of searching today, everything I found says it should still be there, but not where to look to make sure my Global Admin have access. Any advice will help.

    Tim

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tajohnson View Post
    Running Ubuntu 10.4, and upgraded from 7.2.1 to 8.0.0 today, and everything looks like it working fine. But now the admins have no option to view mail for users. It was there in 7.2. I have done a fair bit of searching today, everything I found says it should still be there, but not where to look to make sure my Global Admin have access. Any advice will help.
    It is there, take a look at the 'Settings' drop down (the gear wheel in the attached shot) and click on that and you should see a setting for view mail.

    view mail.png
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    It is there, take a look at the 'Settings' drop down (the gear wheel in the attached shot) and click on that and you should see a setting for view mail.

    view mail.png
    Yea, I know about the gear. Trust me, I have looked through all types of post for many versions of zcs. I have searched all through the admin GUI. I even tried using zmprov to add the adminLoginAs(might not be spelled right I am on my tablet now), but zimbra came back with an error saying I couldn't do that to global admins.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Olten, Switzerland
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    In the last version this had to do with the url you are using. it had to be the fqn of the zimbra server. I had this problem on zimbra 7

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moetiker View Post
    In the last version this had to do with the url you are using. it had to be the fqn of the zimbra server. I had this problem on zimbra 7
    It worked in Zimbra 7, havent changed anything, just ran the install script and waited. I have tried using several of the domains including the one ubuntu is setup for.

    IMG_20120912_234744.jpg

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    hello
    I just installed zimbra 8
    button to view the email from the administrator console is not present
    how you can enable.

    thanks

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Olten, Switzerland
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    could be a browser issue, have you tried an other browser?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    jhoncarter2030@gmail.com
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    3

    Default viewMail button

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    It is there, take a look at the 'Settings' drop down (the gear wheel in the attached shot) and click on that and you should see a setting for view mail.

    view mail.png

    Can any one show me that button in screen shot rather than gear ?

    Thanks

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Well, it's not there "there", but you have to install an admin extension in order to make it work.

    shot2.jpg



    After that, you'll be able to see this:

    shot1.jpg


    It's been long since we did that, but unless I'm much mistaken, this is the post that helped us solve it:

    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...tml#post241132

    Hope this helps

    PD: After having installed the extension we have upgraded once or twice, without having to redeploy it.

Similar Threads

  1. Removing View Mail for Admins
    By tbarhorst in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 08:43 AM
  2. Mail Quota Warning Mail to admins
    By pushpraj4u in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 12:23 PM
  3. Per Domain mail queue view for domain admins?
    By jxn in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 12:39 AM
  4. Admins Can Read everyones mail?
    By dsn0wman in forum Administrators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-28-2006, 10:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •