Thread: Cannot configure relay host password after upgrade to ZCS OSE 8 (ubuntu 12.04LTS)

Hybrid View

Exclamation Cannot configure relay host password after upgrade to ZCS OSE 8 (ubuntu 12.04LTS)

After upgrading from 7.2.1 GA to 8.0.0GA, I follow the Wiki: Outgoing SMTP Authentication to configure the authentication password for my relay host. However, I found that all the changes I made with the "postconf -e" command did not stick after "postfix reload" command. It appears that my changes were rewritten by the postfix reload process according to some pre-defined configuration. I cannot find any other place in the Admin GUI to configure the relay host password. Is this a bug or did I miss something?

You need to Redo the OutGoing SMTP Config. The SMTP Smat relay Config Is Allowed in Administration Interface , but the Auth Mechanism and Required ID with which it Authenticates , need to be Give as per the Procedure Sited.

I did redo the Outgoing SMTP config according to the WIKI. Just that the changes do not stick after "postfix reload". The procedure worked for ZCS 7.2 but not 8.0as I have experienced.

Smile [SOLVED] Cannot configure relay host password after upgrade to ZCS OSE 8 (ubuntu 12.0

I found the solution to my problem. The default /opt/zimbra/conf/zmconfigd.cf have entries "POSTCONF smtp_sasl_auth_enable" ... etc. restricting changing of these parameters. In effect, it rewrites whatever changes to these parameters back to default when executing "postfix reload". The parameter restrictions include:

"smtp_sasl_auth_enable" "smtp_sasl_password_maps" "smtp_sasl_security_options"

By deleting those lines from zmconfigd.cf, I can now re-config these parameters and restore proper functioning to using the relay host with authentication.