Thread: Personas

Default Personas

Hello,

I have set up persona on some of our users PCs, however we are encountering some issues with it.

If a users emails someone and that person reply to them then if the user replies back it defaults to their persona email address. This also happens if someone emails the user and the user replies it also defaults to their persona.

Any way to stop this?

Regards

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GVR View Post
    Any way to stop this?
    That's difficult to say as you've given no details on how the Persona has been configured. What are you expecting to happen? Which version/release of ZCS are you using?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Set up as follows;

Outlook 2010 with zimbra Connector 7.1.4.6356. In the Zimbra tab within Outlook I have clicked on persona on the Default Persona i have set the reply-to field as the current user with their email address, then I add another persona and name it the departments email address, and in the from section the name is the departments name the from email address is greyed out so remains as the users. In the reply-to field I name that the departments name and set the reply email address as the departments email address.

the issue appears as follows, user emails 3party, 3party replies to user then user replies to the 3party then out look defaults to the departments email address.

What I am trying to achieve is if the user emails someone as them self then the email thread follows the reply chain just between the users mail and the 3party, however if the user receives an email to the departments email address ( which is a distribution list that they are part of ) then they reply as their persona of the department or they can start a new conversation as the persona if they wish.

hope that is a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    That's difficult to say as you've given no details on how the Persona has been configured. What are you expecting to happen? Which version/release of ZCS are you using?
    Hello,

I have provided further details, please could you advise.

regards

Hello Again,

As requested I provided the details and am still awaiting a reply. please could you assist.

Many thanks.