Thread: How to block some users from sending e-mail to all staff distribution list

Hybrid View

Default How to block some users from sending e-mail to all staff distribution list

Hi Zimba Guru,

I' m new to zimbra and facing a challenge of restricting some users from sending mails to all staff distribution list and specify only few of them.

Please assist on how to go about it.

G.
    Last edited by Ghanie; 09-21-2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: typing

Hello Ghanie, there is a feature to allow/disallow certain addresses and domains or public users to send to distribution lists, however I believe this is only available via the commandline and not the admin console (at least in 7.x - I haven't deployed 8 yet). You need to enable the milter server from the admin console or commandline and then use the zmprov grr commands to grant or block access to users/domains/public addresses to send to lists.

If you look at this thread though: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46989 you'll see that it's still a bit rough around the edges and could be hard to get a setup working for some use cases (like the non-public except one domain scenario in that thread) but for simply setting up a whitelist of allowed addresses and denying everyone else, it's definitely possible.

The topics to look for in the forum and wiki/documentation are: milter, distlist, grant rights.

Hope that gets you on track.