Thread: Zimbra (7.2.1) + LDAP + Samba error creating domain - errors installing

Hybrid View

Default Zimbra (7.2.1) + LDAP + Samba error creating domain - errors installing

Hi, I've been trying to get zimbra to administer a samba domain, but all efforts have proved futile. I have zimbra 7.2.1, RHEL5_64 build. I'm basing my install on this doc and all the docs it references:

UNIX_and_Windows_Accounts_in_Zimbra_LDAP_and_Zimbr a_Admin_UI

First, I had errors adding to the schema. Essentially, I did as the doc said:

Code:
    ldap stop
    cp /opt/zimbra/openldap/etc/openldap/schema/nis.ldif /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config/cn\=config/cn\=schema/cn\=\{10\}nis.ldif
    cd /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config/cn\=config/cn=\schema
    changed the contents of the nis.ldif file to:

Code:
     dn: cn={10}nis
     objectClass: olcSchemaConfig
     cn: {10}nis
    then did:

Code:
    chmod 600 cn\=\{10\}nis.ldif
    ldap start
    Failed to start slapd.  Attempting debug start to determine error.
    505f4373 config error processing cn={10}nis,cn=schema,cn=config,cn=schema,cn=config:
    I solved that error using the following file and converting it to ldif format as described in the doc.
    /opt/zimbra/openldap/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema

I did the rest of the steps successfully, but when I start samba, right before step 4 the domain isn't added and the following error appears:

Code:
      smbldap_search_domain_info: Query was: dc=mail,dc=mailv2-0,dc=com, (&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=VERSION2.0))
    [2012/09/23 10:24:47.019174,  2] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:6621(pdb_init_ldapsam)
      pdb_init_ldapsam: WARNING: Could not get domain info, nor add one to the domain
    Any clues how I can fix this? I really have no clue what could be wrong. Is there any way to verify manually that the schema is correct?

Thnx a million!

K so I got more of a clue but it still doesn't work. After increasing verbosity of ldap log, and looking at /var/log/zimbra.log I found the following error:

Code:
    hdb_dn2id: get failed: DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair found (-30988)
    access_allowed: disclose access to "dc=mydomain,dc=com" "entry" requested
    Someone somewhere suggested that it usually happens when an index was created not not indexed. So I tried to manually start indexing the entries required for zimbra_samba and zimbra_posix. I gave me an error:

Effectively, I hadn't created the memberuid index. So I did and started up the manual indexing, and it finished without an error. I restarted ldap and still, samba cannot create a domain in the ldap directory. The error above persists.