service iptables stop
    chkconfig iptables off

service ip6tables save
    service ip6tables stop
    chkconfig ip6tables off

then do

cat /selinux/enforce

and see what it says...

you should not have to reboot for the iptables to be disabled completely... but for selinux you must... but... it seems like you have already done this several times... may be a blocked port 25 like phoenix suggests...

EDIT: and just to make sure... you edited /etc/selinux/config and set SELINUX=enforcing to SELINUX=disabled ...... not SELINUX=permissive .... right?

The server is using centos 6 and the command sestatus reports selinux is disabled.

I know I did the iptables, but not the ip6tables. It is done now. I'll send from an external email address.
    Last edited by axiomcrs; 10-19-2012 at 10:55 AM.

If Verizon is blocking port 25, is there any chance that this command: telnet <my public ip address> 25 will connect?

I just sent an email from my yahoo account to my zimbra server and I don't see any connection from yahoo in /var/log/maillog.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by axiomcrs View Post
    If Verizon is blocking port 25, is there any chance that this command: telnet <my public ip address> 25 will connect?
    If they're blocking it then it will never connect.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

yes... sounds like phoenix is right... you have a blocked port. I've never heard of this on any Business Class internet account... never... so i'd call up Verizon and yell until your red in the face... and demand a supervisor or something... whatever you need to do... (As long as you are certain you have business class service and have done everything you need to setup an unblocked port). I remember Phoneix saysing something about having to fill out some page on your Verizon account manager website to tell them you are running a mail server and need port 25 access... .... sorry...

I have set the zimbra server to do relaying to gmail, but now I would like to undo that and have it send out the emails without relaying. Is there a wiki article or forum post that details that? With our new static ip address we no longer appear in the spamhaus pbl list and I have been told that Verizon does not block port 25 for static ip customers.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by axiomcrs View Post
    I have set the zimbra server to do relaying to gmail, but now I would like to undo that and have it send out the emails without relaying. Is there a wiki article or forum post that details that? With our new static ip address we no longer appear in the spamhaus pbl list and I have been told that Verizon does not block port 25 for static ip customers.
    Sorry, I seem to have missed this post. If you haven't found the answer then just reset the value for the relay.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.