DNS problem on Migration (Centos 7 to 8)
Good day everybody.
I am trying to migrate Zimbra 7.13 to Zimbra 8 on CentOS and I have the following problem, causing me absolute nightmares:
1. Creating a second server CentOS 6.3 (Final) and starting the Split DNS on it, causes my mailq on my main server to defer all my mail.
2. Stopping the NEW SERVER's network does not improve the scenario.
3. The MAIN SERVER keeps on reporting on my DIG COMMAND: "connection timed out; no servers could be reached".
4. The mail-logs reports: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=<MY HOST> type=A not found, try again and,
5. delivery temporarily suspended: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=<ISP HOST> type=MX: Host not found, try again
My question is this:
1. How do I duplicate my "SplitDNS" environment so that I can install ZIMBRA 7.13 on a new CentOS 6.3 Server?
2. AND HOW DO I FIX THE MAIL NOT FLOWING? It takes for ever to deliver mail once I get into this DNS Problem...
ps - It does not help reading the WIKI, there is nothing that I have not tried...