Thread: Not sending/receiving email

Hybrid View

Default Not sending/receiving email

Hi.

I have a Zimbra 7.2/Ubuntu 10.4 install, and it was running fine, but without https for the webmail pages. I followed the procedure in Administration Console and CLI Certificate Tools - Zimbra :: Wiki to install a commercial certificate:
    - Copied my key to /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key
    - Copied chain certificate to /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial_ca.crt
    - Copied my certificate to /home/myuser

Ran
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr deploycrt
    /opt/zimbra/bin/zmtlsctl both

restarted zimbra (zmcontrol stop and zmcontrol start)

No odd messages appeared, and https worked for webmail. The problem is that the server stopped to send and receive emails, and I can't find out why.

More data:
    # zmcontrol status

Host myserver.server
    antispam Stopped
    zmamavisdctl is not running
    antivirus Stopped
    zmamavisdctl is not running
    ldap Running
    logger Running
    mailbox Running
    mta Running
    snmp Running
    spell Running
    stats Running
    zmconfigd Running

I've tried to disable AV and antispam in the admin. console, but it didn't solve the problem.

zmconfigd.log shows the following every minute:

Starting zmconfigd...zmconfigd is already running.
    2012-10-05 17:50:41,648 zmconfigd WARNING [26803-MainThread] Fetching All configs
    2012-10-05 17:50:42,214 zmconfigd WARNING [26803-MainThread] All configs fetched in 0.57 seconds
    2012-10-05 17:50:42,464 zmconfigd ERROR [26803-MainThread] Executed: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmamavisdctl status norewrite returned 1 (24 - 13) (0.13 sec)
    2012-10-05 17:50:42,466 zmconfigd CRITICAL [26803-MainThread] Tracking service antispam
    2012-10-05 17:50:43,993 zmconfigd WARNING [26803-MainThread] Watchdog: service antivirus status is OK.
    2012-10-05 17:50:44,130 zmconfigd WARNING [26803-MainThread] All rewrite threads completed in 0.00 sec
    2012-10-05 17:50:44,131 zmconfigd WARNING [26803-MainThread] All restarts completed in 0.00 sec

I tried to google about the error above, but couldn't find nothing usefull.

I've tried to remove the certificates but it didn't work (or I didn't do it prooperly, don't know)

The admin console show in the "Server Status" area that most subsystem ate working, but antivirus and antispam are down.

Any suggestions on where to start/proceed to fix this server?

Tks,

Roberto

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

If the anti-spam and anti-virus services are stll disabled then enable them again. Shutdown ZCS then check to see if there's any remeining processes running, if there is then kill them all. When you've done that start ZCS again check the status and if you still have the same problem check the log files for errors and see what's causing the problem.
    Last edited by phoenix; 10-08-2012 at 06:07 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Solved

The server had two problems.

The first one was that something went wrong when I installed a SSL certificate. The certificate management CLI tools where refusing to install a new one after that. Following http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...ices-ldap.html I managed to replace them.

Also, the antivirus was refusing to start, and I couldn't find out why. The fact that Clamav was set to log to syslog meant that it was logging to /var/log/zimbra.log, instead /opt/zimbra/log/, like almost all the other tools in Zimbra. After I found that log, it was easy to identify a syntax error in the MTA trusted network definition (there was a comma there, where only white spaces should be).

With those two errors fixed, the server started working again and the mail queue was quickly handled.

Tks,

Roberto