Thread: Emails inbound from specific address should deliver to RCPT and CC another user

Default Emails inbound from specific address should deliver to RCPT and CC another user

My intent is to have emails from service@company.com go to their intended recipient (user@internal.com) but also get addressed to userB@internal.com.
    I created a mailbox filter rule on userB so that any emails from service@company.com will be put into a folder, but this is obviously only going to help for messages delivered to that user- not the original recipient.

I read about sender_bcc_maps and receiver_bcc_maps in another thread after trying to search the forums for similar requests but I am unsure if this is the route that I need to go.

Any assistance in forcing another recipient to be added to an email would be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by PeterS2G; 10-11-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Still reading around this forum and looking over postfix documentation. I did read about the zcs archiving but I don't think setting up forked messaging is appropriate since it can't be limited to only specific senders once zmarchive enabled is for those users in question. I went back to looking at receiver_bcc_maps but this too seems to only allow those users who get mail to CC another mailbox. I don't want ALL of the emails they receive to be forwarded- only those from a specific sender (service@company.com in my given example).

You can create a filter on the intended recipient (user@internal.com) to forward any email from service@company.com to userB@company.com.

The filter should also keep the mail in the inbox.
    Release 7.2.2_GA_2852.RHEL6_64_20121204211952 RHEL6_64 NETWORK edition.

You can use folder sharing feature , with required feature . Users of internal.com can be configured with persona of service account .I understand that both domains r on zimbra server ,

Quote Originally Posted by myarmush View Post
    You can create a filter on the intended recipient (user@internal.com) to forward any email from service@company.com to userB@company.com.
    The filter should also keep the mail in the inbox.
    The problem with this is that I have multiple users that may receive mail from service@company.com: I don't want to have to create a rule on each of their mailboxes if I can avoid it.
    As for folder shares; this is the same concept unless I am mistaken: You still have to create a rule on user mailboxes to send messages to a folder that is being shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Himanshu
    I understand that both domains r on zimbra server
    This is not the case... To avoid confusion, my problem reiterated:

Is there a way to force the server to detect inbound emails from service@company.com and add a recipient to the message envelope? Postfix rewriting does not seem to filter specific senders and I do not want all messages from one account forwarded to another account (instructions for that are easily accessible).

Thanks for the input thus far- still waiting on more feedback!

From a quick google, sender_bcc_maps may be the way to go.

Moe

Quote Originally Posted by myarmush View Post
    From a quick google, sender_bcc_maps may be the way to go.
    Moe
    sender_bcc_maps though would copy outbound mail from users to another user. I think you meant to imply receiver_bcc_maps; the problem with this is the fact you can not filter specific sender addresses. What I've found thus far only allows you to specify [target recipient] [intended bcc recient]. - Unless there is more advanced syntax than what is displayed on postfix documentation, this is not a suitable solution.

On my development install of ZCS I setup sender_bcc_maps and it works, for inbound mail.

My sender_bcc_maps file:
    #Mail from wil be BCCed To
    testing@company.com myarmush@company.com

Moe

Thanks, Moe - I will see about implementing this and giving it a test for a single user before we have a distribution group CC'd with emails from" service@company.com".