Thread: Is zimbra OSE 8.0.0 upgrade mandatory?

Default Is zimbra OSE 8.0.0 upgrade mandatory?

Sorry if the question has already been answered, but I couldn't find it.

I upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2.1 because in the administration console I read that the upgrade was critical, but after the upgrade and also before, there was also the upgrade to 8.0.0 outlined as critical.
    I don't think so, but I don't know, so I ask.
    And how can I do to know when an upgrade is really critical and instead when is only the interface of the admninistration console that thinks so?
    Where can I find usually such information?

Best regards to everyone and thanks to replying people,

Andrea

I see in the Release Notes for both 7.2.1 and 8.0.0 that both releases include security fixes. However they do not list what security fixes are included, which is personally frustrating.
    Release 8.0.7.GA.6021.UBUNTU12.64 FOSS Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Crayz9000 View Post
    I see in the Release Notes for both 7.2.1 and 8.0.0 that both releases include security fixes. However they do not list what security fixes are included, which is personally frustrating.
    I was imprecise, because the past version from which I upgraded was 7.2.0_GA_2669.UBUNTU10_64 (not 7.1) and now it is
    7.2.1_GA_2790.UBUNTU10_64.
    The problem is that I can't know how to find out if this version is secure or not. I think it couldn't be very insecure because it is build on tested, good and sure software with security patches only from few months ago and I couldn't find on the Zimbra site warnings about it and also on the download page you could get in the same way 7.2.1 or 8.0.0 not as unsupported or deprecated like older versions. On the other side, if it's free "unsupported" (without direct support) software, they could decide to use it like development bed and so insert experimental new features only on it, but also new security patches only there to force the users to upgrade and so test on them the new features.
    All these are ipotetical thoughs, I don't know how it works and how it is, but I'd like to get a sure way to know how security works on zimbra OSE and how get detailed and timely information on it.