Thread: Migration and upgrading

Default Migration and upgrading

A big question for me.

Now: zimbra server 6.0.8 OSE, 40000 accounts, all in one server, one domain

Want: add second mailbox server and move accounts across this two servers to distribute high server loading.
    Also upgrade all to zimbra 8.0.0 OSE.

Read a lot of documentation already but there are many questions. Take me please short manual by steps (eq. 1, 2, 3).
    Or may be give another deployment schema. Thanks.

P.S. I want to create 3 servers: 1) ldap+mta, 2) and 3) mailboxes with accounts of one domain

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous0 View Post
    Read a lot of documentation already but there are many questions.
    If there are 'many questions' then why don't you ask them so you get the answer you need rather than getting someone else to go over all the steps in the documentation?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    If there are 'many questions' then why don't you ask them so you get the answer you need rather than getting someone else to go over all the steps in the documentation?
    Ok i would have to do:

1. Install 3 servers with: 1) zimbra ldap+mta 2) first mailbox server pointing to new ldap 3) second mailbox server pointing to new ldap, all 8.0.0 OSE

2. Backup old server in two steps:
    - backup accounts by script, for each account do zmmailbox GetRestUrl user@mailbox
    - backup entire ldap database by slapcat

3. Restore full ldap database on new zimbra ldap server by slapadd. I doubt if it will work properly for new multi-server configuration.

4. Restore by 50% of all accounts on each new mailbox server by script using zmmailbox PostRestUrl user@domain.

The admin interface will available on each new mailbox server with identical configuration, overall GAL, all accounts from both mailbox servers will be available, right? Also two zimbra mailbox servers will be available in configuration, right? Then I'll create COS manually in the admin interface with old settings and associate him with two new mailbox servers (server pool). After that i add this COS for each acoount in the domain.

Is this setup looks like right? I just difficult to test this all before real migration. I need to migrate ALL user information: accounts, mail, contacts, briefcases, filters, tasks, signatures etc. Overall domain settings like authentication, edge mta etc.. can be configured manually, not a problem.

Also I planned this migration with the Zextras Migration Tool on a new single server, but I don't know how to do this setup with multi-server.

Regards.