Thread: Certificate Install Error : JavaScript Error

Hybrid View

Default Certificate Install Error : JavaScript Error

Hello All,

I installed Vmware Zimbra Version : zcs-8.0.0_GA_5434.RHEL6_64.20120907144639.

When am going to install Self signed certificate then it gives error :

JavaScript error encountered in method ZaCertWizard.prototype.finishWizard

Please guide me further what i have to do,

Thanks in Advance

Surajprakash

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I'll move this thread to the correct forum as it's not a question aboit installing ZCS (which is where you've posted).

Quote Originally Posted by surajprakash View Post
    I installed Vmware Zimbra Version : zcs-8.0.0_GA_5434.RHEL6_64.20120907144639.

When am going to install Self signed certificate then it gives error :

JavaScript error encountered in method ZaCertWizard.prototype.finishWizard

Please guide me further what i have to do,
    What you have to do is provide exact details about what you've done, how you've done it and what commands you've used that gives the error. You also need to provide the full output form the error not just an out-of-context line that means nothing.
    Last edited by phoenix; 10-19-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi,

Release 8.0.0.GA.5434.UBUNTU12.64 UBUNTU12_64 FOSS edition.

I had same issue with commercial SSL certificate from setup wizard, specifically when i tried to upload CSR and CA and click 'install'
    a javascript error occured :

Erreur de JavaScript in method ZaCertWizard.prototype.finishWizard
    fileName: https://XXXXXXXXXX:7071/service/ziml...v=120907154502 lineNumber: 7839

is that a bug or i did something wrong ? :-\

Thanks in advance for your answer,

JC

Another person here with the same error - this might be a bug?

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
    Release 8.0.0.GA.5434.UBUNTU12.64 UBUNTU12_64 FOSS

Installation (install.sh) went smoothly (new system; not an upgrade.) Connecting to the :7071 administrative panel works upon first launch, and then it's clear that the first thing that needs to be done is creating a certificate for SSL access. I chose "self-signed" cert. I picked "2048" bit key, used the fully qualified hostname for the common name, left all the country/city/org name fields empty, left the "Subject Alternative Name" as the fully-qualified hostname, and chose "2000" days for cert duration. When I click on "Install" I get a pop-up that says "JavaScript error encountered in method ZaCertWizard.protype.finishWizard" and I can't proceed.

I've tried with various values in the country/city/org name, hostname, cert duration, etc. I've even "install.sh -u" and tried again from scratch - no luck, same error.

Any insights would be welcome, and I could give Zimbra staff root access to the device for debugging - contact me at my forum-registered email to discuss.

[edit: I'd also say that this should be moved back to the "Installation" forum, since cert installation does seem to be pretty relevant to installing the package as a whole, though this error could happen at almost any time.]

Hello, everyone.
    I have the same issue. I had to start a zimbra server from scratch, after a lightning stroke that burnt our old mail server.
    I installed Release 8.0.0_GA_5434.RHEL6_64_20120907144639 CentOS6_64 FOSS edition, and contacted my certificate supplier (COMODO) to reissue a valid cert.
    I connected through the :7071 admin panel, issued the CSR file and sent it to COMODO, which, within a couple of hours sent me the cert files.
    Using, again, the :7071 admin console, I tried to "install the commercially signed cert", but after I entered the 3 files and press Next and "Install", I get the same above described error window:
    JavaScript error encountered in method ZaCertWizard.
    prototype.finishWizard
    fileName: https://NNN.NN.NN.NN:7071/service/zi...=en&country=GB lineNumber: 7867

I tried installing the cert + the root CA, w/o the intermediate (it's optional anyways), but I get the same error.
    Even more, if I go "Previous" and restart the process, within the same window, it won't find my files, so I had to logout, reenter and restart the process.

Shall I have to install the cert via console?
    I guess there must be some way to work around this error.
    I appreciate any kind of help.
    Thanks in advance,
    KM.

--- EDIT ---
    As usual, there's always a way through the console.
    Just follow this wiki page: http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Commercial_Certificates

Thank you very much and please accept my apologies.
    KM.
    Last edited by kminamoto; 10-24-2012 at 09:15 AM.

I got the same issue as well. The install replaced my self-signed certificate during the upgrade from 7.2.0 to 8.0.0 (I was not happy about this). As the certificate anyway was changed, I wanted to change the description in the certificate through the wizard in the admin console. I was able to update the values from the certificate and hit the "Next" button. I then get prompted to enter the certificate validation days (default=365). The problem is that the Next button is greyed out. If I hit the "Install" button, I get the error "JavaScript error encountered in method ZaCertWizard.prototype.finishWizard"

Quote Originally Posted by mfehr View Post
    I got the same issue as well. The install replaced my self-signed certificate during the upgrade from 7.2.0 to 8.0.0 (I was not happy about this). As the certificate anyway was changed, I wanted to change the description in the certificate through the wizard in the admin console. I was able to update the values from the certificate and hit the "Next" button. I then get prompted to enter the certificate validation days (default=365). The problem is that the Next button is greyed out. If I hit the "Install" button, I get the error "JavaScript error encountered in method ZaCertWizard.prototype.finishWizard"
    Hi mferh, look Bug 76842 – "Install self sign certificate" not working

ccelis

Default try this, command line

zmcertmgr createca -new
    zmcertmgr createcrt -new -days 365
    zmcertmgr deploycrt self
    zmcertmgr deployca
    su - zimbra
    zmcontrol stop
    zmcontrol start