Spam filtering in Zimbra 8 seems to be almost useless. For every message it tags as spam I'm seeing a good 50 easy to identify spam messages get through. My spam kill level is set at 100 (I want the messages to go to my spam folders) but tagging I've bumped all the way down to 5 from 20 and which has made no difference. Spam training doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have users getting hundreds of spam emails each day.
Very obviously something is seriously wrong. Zimbra doesn't seem to include the spam score in the headers unless the message was tagged as spam. I'm not entirely sure how to troubleshoot, the wiki and other documentation all seems to be conflicting or ancient and out of date.

Also, I've enabled some of the blacklists which is dropping a ton of mail. Mail that gets through still is an issue though. I also want to use postgrey but am not able to get that to work (again.. out of date documentation). I have it installed and listening on port 10023. I ran zmprov mcf +zimbraMtaRestriction "check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10023" and restarted postgress. I doesn't look like it's doing anything though. tcpdump on lo doesn't show anything traffic hitting it. What am I missing there?