I am upgrading to 4.0.4 from 3.something ...

Trick is to transfer all the e-mails and data over ... I figured out most everything ...

But the Notebook stuff is a problem and also now when I add a new user I get
an error ...

The procedure I followed ...

1. I installed new zimbra 4.04 ... then I mysqldump mailbox1 ... it appears mailbox1 is the Global Document account . I grab the account_id for this user and his e-mail from zimbra database . I also save his ldap data .

2. I notice database structure has changed ... in zimbra there is an extra table and some extra columns in other tables ...

3. I delete /opt/zimbra/db /opt/zimbra/index/ /opt/zimbra/store and save them in another directory .

4. I copy over my old server directories ( db,index and store ) .

5. I edit localconfig.xml with my old zimbra_mysql_password and my mysql_root_password .

6. I delete openldap-data directory and slapadd my old ldap data with the Global Documents account included and some Notebook configurations as wel .

7 . I maker the database modifications in mysql ... and I import mailbox1 that i copied in step 1 and I put that into mailbox729 ; I increment current_volumes.next_mailbox_id .

8. I make directory store/0/729 and index/0/729 and copy over the stuff I removed before ..

Then I can log on and view emails and account but when I add a new user and try to view his configuration in Zimbra Admin I get an error whose source is SQLException :

Unknown column 'mi.imap_id' in field list .

It is querying mailbox730.mail_item table and can't find the above column ...

Mailbox730 is a new user I created . When it created him , it failed to add that column which happens to be one of the new columns you guys added for this zimbra version ... so now I am thinking there must be some stored procedures somewhere that I failed to keep but mysql 4.1 doesn't have stored procedures or am I wrong ? I searched all the databases and I can't see anything else important that I am missing . Any ideas ?

Also when I enable notebooks for a user and I go into his account and click the notebook icon I get an error ... I wil post it in my next message .