Hi all !

Like a lot of people I'm stuck with LDAP auth with Zimbra. First time I use Zimbra and LDAP too !

In fact I tried to use ejabberd 2.1 to connect to Zimbra using the LDAP auth but I can't connect.

I'm trying to find why I can't connect to Zimbra LDAP. So I'm currently using the ldapsearch to understand this.

I use the "zmlocalconfig -s | grep ldap_" command to find LDAP values in Zimbra.

Code:
root@mail:~# ldapsearch -H ldap://server.eulerian.com:389 -b "ou=people,dc=eulerian,dc=com" -x
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <ou=people,dc=eulerian,dc=com> with scope subtree
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1
I'm using the simple auth but in the conf I see that SASL is forced but if I try to use this with the "zimbra_ldap_password":

Code:
root@mail:~# ldapsearch -H ldap://server.eulerian.com:389 -b "ou=people,dc=eulerian,dc=com"
SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
Please enter your password: 
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80)
	additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: unable to canonify user and get auxprops
Even if I try to force the Zimbra user:
Code:
root@mail:~# ldapsearch -H ldap://mail.eulerian.com:389 -b "ou=people,dc=eulerian,dc=com"
	additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: unable to canonify user and get auxprops
root@mail:~# ldapsearch -H ldap://mail.eulerian.com:389 -b "ou=people,dc=eulerian,dc=com" -U zimbra
root@mail:~# ldapsearch -H ldap://mail.eulerian.com:389 -b "ou=people,dc=eulerian,dc=com" -X "dn:uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra"
I searched the net and it seems possible user are not maped for SASL AUTH. I miss something and I don't know what is it, LDAP client conf or the Zimbra server LDAP ...

If someone got an idea, feel free to answer !

Thank you for your time.