Thread: Is anyone maintaining the zimbra_posixaccount and zimbra_samba extensions?

Hybrid View

Default Is anyone maintaining the zimbra_posixaccount and zimbra_samba extensions?

I currently have a production environment running Release 7.2.1_GA_2790.UBUNTU10_64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition, configured following this guide: UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI - Zimbra :: Wiki

I have seen some posts regarding the zimbra_posixaccount & zimbra_samba extensions being removed as of 7.2, but they can still be installed (some discussion here: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimlets...unt-samba.html).

This works great.

However, I set up a test environment for Zimbra 8 and I couldn't use either extension in the GUI. I have to say, using Zimbra to integrate with a Samba PDC is a pretty cool set-up, and I think there are many that would like to be able to do this in the future.

Since official support for these extensions seems to have been dropped, is there anyone in the community that plans to maintain/is maintaining them? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jtwyrrpirate View Post
    Since official support for these extensions seems to have been dropped,.....
    They have never been officially supported by Zimbra.

Quote Originally Posted by jtwyrrpirate View Post
    is there anyone in the community that plans to maintain/is maintaining them? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Yes, they are being supported and if you search the forums you'll find details.
    Last edited by phoenix; 12-05-2012 at 01:27 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    They have never been officially supported by Zimbra
    True and this is not so good Bill
    Curiously they still are in the source tree..

I'd like to port zimbraSambaExtension to z8 and so I've started to play with those extensions converting and writing some code from scratch, but I don't have so much free time and they are my first UI admin zimlets. Not yet so easy for me

I'd like to take advantage of this thread to ask if someone wants to contribute.

My first (very) little result is:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by amessina View Post
    I'd like to port zimbraSambaExtension to z8 and so I've started to play with those extensions converting and writing some code from scratch, but I don't have so much free time and they are my first UI admin zimlets. Not yet so easy for me
    Looks like you're doing pretty well to me! Keep it up and please let me know if I can be of assistance. I'm much more of an admin than a developer, but I'm willing to do what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    They have never been officially supported by Zimbra.

Yes, they are being supported and if you search the forums you'll find details.
    Can you point me to these details? I've searched and the best I've come up with is support for 7.2.