Thread: How to SendAs

Default How to SendAs

Hey guys,

I've been testing out Zimbra for the past week or so to compare it against MS Exchange. So far, I'm converted. One tiny problem I need to overcome though. I've Googled and searched these forums but haven't found a working solution.

If User 1 has the "SendAs" permission on User 2 configured on the Zimbra Server, how do you enable this in the Zimbra Desktop client?

I've tried Persona but this doesn't have the desired effect. The mail at the recipient end still appears to come from user 1 until you reply and then it switches to user 2.

Please help me with this. We use distribution lists (i.e. sales@ and support@) and we need users to be able to send from these mailboxes/distribution lists.

Thanks
    Si

Persona's are actually the way to do this.

Zimbra Desktop is no longer updated, so you won't see the new ZCS8 features included in ZDesktop, so any "SendAs" permission may not propagate down to ZDestkop.
    01 Networks, LLC / Cybernetik.net
    Zimbra NE and OSS Cloud Hosting
    Shared Web Hosting
    Consulting Services

Thanks Krishopper. I meant to update that I managed to get it working. I did use Personas i hadn't turned on "Send from any address" in the default COS.

What is the recommended client for Zimbra? If Zimbra Desktop is no longer updated what client is recommended? I note on Zimbra Compatibility with Other Desktop Clients that is says ZDesktop is the most feature rich client.

Thanks
    Si

Quote Originally Posted by Krishopper View Post
    Persona's are actually the way to do this.

Zimbra Desktop is no longer updated, so you won't see the new ZCS8 features included in ZDesktop, so any "SendAs" permission may not propagate down to ZDestkop.