Thread: Equivilant of Sendmail Cw lines?

Default Equivilant of Sendmail Cw lines?

Hi All -

I have been doing some testing of Zimbra Network Edition 4.0.4 over the last week or so and seem to have figured out just about everything I need. I have run in to just one problem and I am very nervous, since I have searched the forums and can't seem to find a valid solution.

I have a number of servers and this number is growing by the day. When I add a new server today, I add an MX record for the server to go to my mail server and in sendmail, I add that hostname to a file which allows the mail server to accept mail for that new host. Then mail sent to person@newserver.company.com ends up at that person's account on the mail server. Pretty simple and it "just works".

So far, I have not found a quick way to do this on Zimbra. The only solution I have found thus far is to add a new domain to the zimbra server and add an alias for each and every account to that new domain. As we are currently putting new machines up on a pretty regular basis, doing this for each new machine for each user is a complicated and very time consuming process.

So the question I pose is, am I just missing something and I can say host.domain.com is just an alias for domain.com and send all the mail for a person at that host to the domain or is the only solution in the product today to do what I said above?

I've really liked what I have seen with Zimbra thus far, but if it is the only solution, I will be moving Zimbra off my list of potentials, which saddens me, but the workload involved is significantly more than what has to be done today.

Thanks for any help!
    Skadz

If it helps search the wiki for a domain aliases. I recently implemented one myself.

I saw them mentioned over and over, but never found a recipe for setting one up. Thanks for the wiki tip. This worked as I had hoped.

Thanks!
    Skadz