Thread: asterisk 1.4!

Default asterisk 1.4!

so asterisk 1.4 will have some new exciting features- some of the ones i'm most excited about are IMAP access to your voicemail box and googlechat voice support. (omg!)

How well will these new features integrate into future versions of zimbra? The imap intergration is obvious for Outlook users- but what about zimbra webmail users?

Also, what ever happened to that google-chat-in-gmail-style chat applet that was in the works for zimbra?

I'm not sure what happened to it, but there use to talks about a Asteriks Zimlet, specifically it was supposed to allow for click-to-call. I'm not sure what other features where in it, maybe try to stir the pot and find out what has happened to it.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The IM applet is still in there, it's currently disabled but you can enable it and it does work. There still is an Asterisk zimlet (in fact, there's two in 4.5), they're in the ~/zimlets-extra directory.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    The IM applet is still in there, it's currently disabled but you can enable it and it does work. There still is an Asterisk zimlet (in fact, there's two in 4.5), they're in the ~/zimlets-extra directory.
    i've played with the click-to-dial zimlet, but what i'm more excited about is
    accessing voice mail via an IMAP box! imagine linking a voicemail to an existing email conversation via the zimbra webmail application