Thread: 32 bit 6.0.14 --> 64 bit 6.0.14 --> 8.0.2 Commercial Cert Issue

Hybrid View

Default 32 bit 6.0.14 --> 64 bit 6.0.14 --> 8.0.2 Commercial Cert Issue

I performed the painful migration from 32 bit 6.0.14 to 64 bit 8.0.2 yesterday. It was only painful for 2 reasons. 1) we have a TON of email, and 2) I was unable to get our commercal SSL certificate (Register.com) to work after going from 32 bit 6.0.14 (Debian 4.0) to 64 bit 6.0.14 (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS).

I was able to complete the migration and upgrade by generating a self-signed certificate following the steps for "Singe-Node Self-Signed Certificate" here (Administration Console and CLI Certificate Tools - Zimbra :: Wiki).

My question is, what's the best method of going about attempting to install our commercial certificate given that I do not need to generate a CSR? Is it as simple as copying the /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra folder over to the new server and following the directions from the link above under "Single-Node Commercial Certificate" omitting the first step? Following these steps failed under 64 bit 6.0.14, so I'm nervous about mucking up what seems to be a perfectly functioning 8.0.2 install!

Has anything changed in 8.0.x to affect the documentation around working with SSL certs via CLI?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Just in case anyone else runs into trouble, here are the steps I took in successfully installing our Register.com Essential SSL cert on our 8.0.2 server.

1. Re-downloaded the certificate, two intermediary certificates, and one root certificate from your Register.com account.
    2. Copied all 4 files to our Zimbra 8.0.2 server to a temp directory.
    3. Copied the commercial.key file from our 6.0.14 server (/opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key) to the same location on our 8.0.2 server and gave it "chown root:root" and "chmod 740".
    4. Combined the intermediary and root certificates like so:
      Code:
      root@cottontail:~# cat Intermediary_Certificate_2.crt Intermediary_Certificate_1.crt Root_Certificate.crt > ca_chain.crt
    5. Edited the new ca_chain.crt in vim to add a return between the -----END CERTIFICATE----- and -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- for each.
    6. Renamed certificate.crt to commercial.crt
    7. Verified that the certificate, chained certs, and key match. As root:
      Code:
      root@cottontail:~# /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr verifycrt comm /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/commercial/commercial.key /tmpfolder/commercial.crt /tmpfolder/ca_chain.crt
    8. Everything looked good, so I installed the certificate. Again, as root:
      Code:
      root@cottontail:~# /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcertmgr deploycrt comm /tmpfolder/commercial.crt /tmpfolder/ca_chain.crt
    9. Restarted Zimbra. As zimbra user, of course:
      Code:
      zimbra@cottontail:~$ zmcontrol restart

Taadaa!