I performed the painful migration from 32 bit 6.0.14 to 64 bit 8.0.2 yesterday. It was only painful for 2 reasons. 1) we have a TON of email, and 2) I was unable to get our commercal SSL certificate (Register.com) to work after going from 32 bit 6.0.14 (Debian 4.0) to 64 bit 6.0.14 (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS).

I was able to complete the migration and upgrade by generating a self-signed certificate following the steps for "Singe-Node Self-Signed Certificate" here (Administration Console and CLI Certificate Tools - Zimbra :: Wiki).

My question is, what's the best method of going about attempting to install our commercial certificate given that I do not need to generate a CSR? Is it as simple as copying the /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra folder over to the new server and following the directions from the link above under "Single-Node Commercial Certificate" omitting the first step? Following these steps failed under 64 bit 6.0.14, so I'm nervous about mucking up what seems to be a perfectly functioning 8.0.2 install!

Has anything changed in 8.0.x to affect the documentation around working with SSL certs via CLI?

Any help would be much appreciated.