I have a zimbra version 8.0.2.GA.5569.UBUNTU10.64 UBUNTU10_64 FOSS edition running on a Ubuntu 10.04 server

My server recently recovered from an unexpected failure and the RAM on the physical machine had to be replaced. Upon recovery, Zimbra was working fine but I noticed, what I've now learnt is familiar, a data.mdb file which took up about 85 gigs of memory. I searched the forums about this and I finally used the following steps (mentioned in this post (http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...6gig-6.html#52) to get rid of this file:

Code:
# update database size
zmlocalconfig -e ldap_db_maxsize=67108864

# update log size
zmlocalconfig -e ldap_accesslog_maxsize=536870912

# allow time for zmconfigd to apply new setting (as suggested by Quanah)
sleep 90

# stop slapd
ldap stop

# change to database directory
cd /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/mdb/db

# backup database
/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmslapcat /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/mdb/db

# move to .old
mv data.mdb data.mdb.old

# recreate database with new size and restore from backup
/opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slapadd -q -b "" -F /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config -l /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/mdb/db/ldap.bak

# start slapd
ldap start

# archive original
gzip data.mdb.old
I however used smaller maxsizes of 10 gigs each. I also foolishly, deleted the old data.mdb since it was taking too long to archive it.

Now the situation I'm in is as follows: I can't seem to bind to my LDAP port 389 and I get the following error when restarting using zmcontrol:

Code:
Unable to determine enabled services from ldap.
Enabled services read from cache. Service list may be inaccurate.
	Starting zmconfigd...Done.
	Starting logger...Failed.
Starting logswatch...[] FATAL: failed to initialize LDAP client
com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapException: LDAP error: : invalid credentials
ExceptionId:main:1360745602916:32165dbbf08ae86f
Code:ldap.LDAP_ERROR
	at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapException.LDAP_ERROR(LdapException.java:88)
	at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapException.mapToLdapException(UBIDLdapException.java:72)
	at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapException.mapToLdapException(UBIDLdapException.java:38)
	at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:117)
	at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnectionPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:64)
	at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapContext.init(UBIDLdapContext.java:95)
	at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapClient.init(UBIDLdapClient.java:37)
	at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapClient.getInstance(LdapClient.java:63)
	at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapClient.initialize(LdapClient.java:86)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProv.<init>(LdapProv.java:46)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.<init>(LdapProvisioning.java:256)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.<init>(LdapProvisioning.java:253)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:372)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:325)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.Provisioning.getInstance(Provisioning.java:278)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.Provisioning.getInstance(Provisioning.java:238)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.initProvisioning(ProvUtil.java:745)
	at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.main(ProvUtil.java:3509)
Caused by: LDAPException(resultCode=49 (invalid credentials), errorMessage='invalid credentials')
	at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnection.bind(LDAPConnection.java:1837)
	at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionPool.createConnection(LDAPConnectionPool.java:666)
	at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionPool.<init>(LDAPConnectionPool.java:562)
	at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:113)
	... 18 more
zimbra logger service is not enabled!  failed.
In zimbra.log I see the following output:
warning: dict_ldap_connect: Unable to bind to server ldap://email.server.com:389 with dn uid=zmpostfix,cn=appaccts,cn=zimbra: 49 (Invalid credentials)

And upon trying to restart mta using zmamtactl, I see the following:
opendkim: /opt/zimbra/conf/opendkim.conf: ldap://email.bookmyforex.com:389/?DKIMSelector?sub?(DKIMIdentity=$d): dkimf_db_open(): Invalid credentials
Failed to start opendkim: 0
zmopendkimctl failed to start

Things I've tried already (to no avail):
1. Changing my ldap password using zmldappasswd
2. Bits and pieces of info mentioned here (since the info here seems to be for older versions and not exactly applicable): Network Edition: Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit Server - Zimbra :: Wiki

Thank you