Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calendar Reminders

Default Calendar Reminders

Has anyone experience reminders failing that are set up to repeat every "x" number of days?

This is causing me a great deal of problems as I have users who are threatening a "angry mob/revolt" type uprising against my use of Zimbra.

Any ideas?
    Cheers,

Travis

"Let's look at this from a standpoint of "Status". What exactly, on the Space Craft, IS working?"
    -Flight Control, Apollo 13

Default Reminders?

Are these appointments that are supposed to be recurring but don't recur? Or is this related to the "reminder popup" that happens N minutes before a recurring appointment?
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

These are recurring reminders.

They pop up a reminder the first time you set them up, but for example a weekly reminder would not pop up the reminder the following week.
    Cheers,

Travis

"Let's look at this from a standpoint of "Status". What exactly, on the Space Craft, IS working?"

Anyone else having this problem? Or is it just me?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    Cheers,

Travis

Sometimes my calendar reminders do not "pop-up" and indeed fail to remind me of events. I can't provide a reproducible pattern for this bug, but I know just today a coworker missed a conference call because Zimbra neglected to show a reminder.

Zimbra has a lot of nice features for a free open source package, but for two silicon valley rock stars who are aiming to "change how the world uses email" they are failing miserably at the basics.

Not to mention their sales team is a bunch of airheads.

Default Can you file it in bugzilla?

Quote Originally Posted by moniker View Post
    Sometimes my calendar reminders do not "pop-up" and indeed fail to remind me of events. I can't provide a reproducible pattern for this bug, but I know just today a coworker missed a conference call because Zimbra neglected to show a reminder.
    tbullock's posting was the first we'd heard of this. There's still no bug in bugzilla as far as I know -- please file one so we can try to gather info and get to the bottom of this. Are either of you up for database diving if necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by moniker View Post
    Not to mention their sales team is a bunch of airheads.
    Awesome. You have no idea how much mileage the engineering team can get off a comment like that.

I am definitely willing to help in any way that I can, which may or may not be a lot. But I am definitely willing to follow direction and learn along the way!
    Cheers,

Travis

At this point reminder handling is all in JavaScript, and there is no server-side state on reminders (i.e., the server doesn't keept track of which reminders you have seen). This means when the client logs in, it looks at the upcoming appointments (next 12-24 hours IIRC), and then starts popping things up n-minutes before the appointment, where n is your preference.

When the app is running, there is a JavaScript hashtable that is keyed on the the appt's unique UUID plus the appt's start time, so recurring appointments should really just work.

Real reminder support (individual appt pref on when the reminder goes off, etc) is planned, but there is no ETA on it.

It could be you are running into an old bug where if you didn't have "always show mini-calendar" set then I seem to recall you wouldn't get any reminders until you went to the calendar app at least once.

I have reported this to Bugzilla via Bug #: 13670

I am eager to get this resolved before the angry mob gets me.
    Cheers,

Travis

Hum. There might actually be a bug here I definitely get reminders for weekly meetings, but when I just created a recurring appointment (starting 2 days ago, repeating daily for 5 days), I got the reminder after creating it, but when I reloaded the app, I didn't get it again.

I'll try and take a look at this today.