Thread: Spam, ham and virus-quarantine missing in Admin GUI account list

Default Spam, ham and virus-quarantine missing in Admin GUI account list

Actually I did find a similar problem in forum but without answer.

The spam, ham and virus-quarantine not listing in the Admin GUI account list (manage --> account) but I am very sure those accounts are exist in the system because during installation zimbra show spam/ham/virus-quarantine create without error, if I use command "zmprov gacf | grep SpamAccount" it return spam and ham account, or I can see those accounts appear in mailbox quota page as well, I also can see the log did send mail to spam account if I mark email as spam in webclient.

I remember I saw those accounts appear in account list after my first installation, but they are missing after I uninstall the zimbra and install again (I'm every sure /opt/zimbra is empty after uninstall).

My question is, how can I make those accounts appear in Admin GUI account list? I check the ldap database but only can see the admin account by default.

My current system is Zimbra open source 8.0.2 patch 1 and CentOS 6.3 64bit.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

They are not shown by design in the Admin UI (and haven't been for a while), you can find them with the zmprov command. Why would you need to see these accounts?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

That's weird, I'm very sure those accounts are listing initially because I deleted all the accounts including admin (for playing and testing purpose).

-->Why would you need to see these accounts?
    I thought I did some thing wrong, but from your answer this seem is normal, but finally I can view those account under configure --> domain (right click view account).

Thanks for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    They are not shown by design in the Admin UI (and haven't been for a while), you can find them with the zmprov command. Why would you need to see these accounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by vickycpw View Post
    That's weird, I'm very sure those accounts are listing initially because I deleted all the accounts including admin (for playing and testing purpose).

-->Why would you need to see these accounts?
    I thought I did some thing wrong, but from your answer this seem is normal, but finally I can view those account under configure --> domain (right click view account).

Thanks for your answer.
    For anyone still encountering an issue for finding the virus account in Zimbra 8+ or trying to recover an email. You can use the Web Console.

If you go to the admin account, from the management home screen, remove any search filters, then click search.

Ex - http://i.imgur.com/RqyTdqQ.png

Then under Accounts on the left, the virus account will show up.

I have no idea why they don't have a system account section under the management section (WHICH WOULD MAKE SENSE).

But you can right click the virus account under the search and click view mail. Your quarantined email will be there.