Thread: Inbox missing

Question Inbox missing

Searched and couldn't find a fix.

It is easier to just show you the issue that I am running into. Please see attached issue and short description below.

zimbra.jpg

I have tried IE8/9, FF19, Chrome 24, and Safari on my iPad and, Android browser on my SGIII. I have no clue why this is happening, the inbox and other folders are just...gone. Been working on it for probably 2 hours... Please help
    Was on ->Release 8.0.0.GA.5434.UBUNTU12.64 UBUNTU12_64 FOSS edition.
    Now on->Release 8.0.1.GA.5438.UBUNTU12.64 UBUNTU12_64 NETWORK edition.

Type su - zimbra -c "zmcontrol -v" to get your version and copy that into your profile (more info here)

**Quick update**

Been up most of the night trying to figure this out. I think I have finally made some progress. I believe that this is a proxy issue because I was able to log into other accounts on another mailbox server and they worked just fine. I move the account in question that was causing the problem to the main mailbox server and it is now working just fine. Does anyone know what I might be missing with the zimbra proxy setup that would cause this???

Thanks, time for bed...

Type su - zimbra -c "zmcontrol -v" to get your version and copy that into your profile (more info here)

Were you able to figure out what caused this? I'm having the same issue with our multi-server proxied setup. The second I enabled zimbraMailReferMode reverse-proxied we began seeing this.

If you go direct to the server where the mailbox resides it works fine, its just when the proxy/load balancer sends you to another server that you are missing folders.

No I was not every able to figure out what was causing this. I am still hoping for a solution because our single server is filling up rather quickly and we are going to need to move to a multi server setup.

Thanks for the response - I'm going to open up a case with Zimbra on it and see what they say. Will post back if I get a resolution

Got a response from Tony in support. Here's the somewhat edited response

You really can't load balance between mailbox servers at this time. ... at this time the only thing you can load balance this way is the proxy. The problem you're hitting is that you're only randomly hitting the right mailbox server. An account "lives" on only one mailbox server, and if your load balancer throws their connection to the wrong host, they're going to be constantly getting a redirect from that mailbox server telling it to go to the right place. The load balancer probably has no way of accomplishing this. You should bring up ZCS proxies and load balance connections to the proxies instead.
    I'm not sure what your setup is, but we were attempting to use a Barracuda Load Balancer which obviously won't work right. Looks like I'll be installing a ZCS proxy server.