Thread: Migrating from Debian 5 (6.0.8_GA_2661) 32bit to Ubuntu 12.04 (8.0.2.GA.5569) 64bit

Hybrid View

Question Migrating from Debian 5 (6.0.8_GA_2661) 32bit to Ubuntu 12.04 (8.0.2.GA.5569) 64bit

Hello,

I'm searching for tested / recomended sollution to move from old hardware & software to newer (and newest zimbra),
    my istalation runs unrebooted for over 2 yrs now and I'm realli happy user of zimbra, unfortunately my storage is ending and hardware is not strong enaugh to hold over 500GB of mailboxes up and running smoothly, so I need to swap onto new machine.

I was wondering how to do that, easiest way to do that (at leas it looks so) would be migration wizard found in admin panel of new Zimbra,
    unfortunately I cannot find any howto for "LDAP search database query" (it can be a bit different, i've translated it from polish becouse I cannot find any place to change administrations console language).

Has anyone tried moving 2 versions up?
    What I need is to move domain with users & passwords + their preferences / mailboxes / caledars etc...
    keeping old data on old server & copy all domains to new one (I'd like to change server's hostname if that's possible).

Changing passwords for over 100users would be really annoying...

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

This question has been asked and answered many times in the forums. To move from 32bit to 64bit server you need to follow the Zimbra Certified article that tells you how to do that exact procedure (there's only one such article), it's an NE article but applies to OSS & NE versions if you omit any NE steps that the article specifies.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thahk you for the interest,
    but my problem is complation of small issues,

I cannot install same version of zimbra on both servers (source one is much older than new one),
    so there is no way to install same version of zimbra - it could do the trick if i'd try to install 64bit same release of debian,
    but there was no 64bit zimbra installer as I remember.

I'd like to use migration wizard, but i'm not sure will it copy everything and remove from old server? or will it only copy?
    and there is "LDAP Query" whuch I cannot find any tips how to do it durring migration...