Hi All,

I have 3 Zimbra 7.2.0_GA_2669 servers running as mail store and I have this problem where the log directory under /opt/zimbra is growing too big. I am looking at ways to reduce the number of days of logs to keep.

I am looking at reducing this type of log: access_log.YYYY-MM-DD which the system is keeping 32 days worth of data.

Checking in the crontab for zimbra user, I notice this particular line that is removing any log files that is older than 8 days:
# crontab.store
#
# Log pruning
#
30 2 * * * find /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/logs/ -type f -name \*log\* -mtime +8 -exec rm {} \; > /dev/null 2>&1

I checked in /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/logs directory, there is nothing in the directory. I also tried checking the /opt/zimbra/conf/log4j.properties and log4j.properties.in, the content did not contain any variables for me to configure the /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/logs.

Questions:
1. Where do I go to configure the logging properties for "access_log.YYYY-MM-DD" and made persistent changes?
2. Is it possible for me to compress "access_log.YYYY-MM-DD" and cron it to delete the compressed logs?
3. When listing the zimbra user's crontab, the file mention not to edit anything between the ZIMBRASTART and ZIMBRAEND, so how do make changes to the crontab?
4. Does the changes I made, will be survive through Zimbra upgrades?

Thanks & Regards.