Thread: zmmailboxdctl is not running : setMaxIdleTimeMs

Default zmmailboxdctl is not running : setMaxIdleTimeMs

Dear All,

We have a multiserver installation (1 LDAP, 2 MTA and 5 Mailbox)

A few days ago, I changed one of my mailbox from Zimbra NE to Zimbra FOSS Edition. I also change its IP.
    I use 8.0.3_GA_5664.RHEL6_64_20130305090204 for this box, while other box still use 8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64_20121210115059

Instalation was succesfull but mailboxd always fail to start.

I check /opt/zimbra/log/zmmailboxd.out and found this line :

Code:
    2013-03-23 06:41:26.281:WARN:oejx.XmlConfiguration:Config error at <Set name="maxIdleTimeMs"/> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: class org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.setMaxIdleTimeMs(class java.lang.Object)
    2013-03-23 06:41:26.284:WARN:oejx.XmlConfiguration:Config error at <Set name="ThreadPool">|      |      <New id="pool" class="org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool">|        <Set name="minThreads">10</Set>|        <Set name="maxThreads">250</Set>|        <Set name="maxIdleTimeMs"/>|      </New>|    </Set> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: class org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.setMaxIdleTimeMs(class java.lang.Object)
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    	at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.invokeMain(Main.java:457)
    	at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.start(Main.java:602)
    	at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.main(Main.java:82)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: class org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.setMaxIdleTimeMs(class java.lang.Object)
    	at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$JettyXmlConfiguration.set(XmlConfiguration.java:583)
    	at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$JettyXmlConfiguration.configure(XmlConfiguration.java:378)
    	at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$JettyXmlConfiguration.newObj(XmlConfiguration.java:780)
    	at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$JettyXmlConfiguration.itemValue(XmlConfiguration.java:1082)
    	at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$JettyXmlConfiguration.value(XmlConfiguration.java:997)
    	at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$JettyXmlConfiguration.set(XmlConfiguration.java:416)
    	at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$JettyXmlConfiguration.configure(XmlConfiguration.java:378)
    	at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$JettyXmlConfiguration.configure(XmlConfiguration.java:338)
    	at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration.configure(XmlConfiguration.java:291)
    	at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration$1.run(XmlConfiguration.java:1203)
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration.main(XmlConfiguration.java:1138)
    I try to compare file /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/etc/jetty.xml between this box and other box, and I found this line on my new box (8.0.3_GA_5664.RHEL6_64_20130305090204) :

Code:
     <Set name="maxIdleTimeMs"></Set>
    But this line is not appeared on my other mailbox (8.0.2_GA_5569.RHEL6_64_20121210115059).

What should I do ?

Thank you for your help,

Best Regard,
    Reza Ervani

I solved this problem with uninstall ZCS 8.0.3 and install ZCS 8.0.2

Installation was successful and everything run well automatically.

Is there someone can explain what maxIdleTimeMs really is ?

Thank you,

Reza Ervani

Hi Reza,

We just ran into this problem too (but on 7.2.2 and 7.2.3). It appears the maxIdleTimeMs is a new parameter introduced in the .3 release. The way we solved it was:
    1) Upgrade LDAP master to 7.2.3 (otherwise attribute is not available)
    2) Check that zimbraHttpThreadPoolMaxIdleTimeMillis attribute is set on all servers with 7.2.3 installed (default value 10000)

Once the LDAP master is upgraded and the value defined on the server config, then jetty file is configured properly and you can start the mailbox server.

cheers
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Reza Ervani View Post
    I solved this problem with uninstall ZCS 8.0.3 and install ZCS 8.0.2

Installation was successful and everything run well automatically.

Is there someone can explain what maxIdleTimeMs really is ?

Thank you,

Reza Ervani

I have run into this issue on my test upgrade from 7.1.1 to 7.2.3. When I check the server config (zmprov gs servername | grep zimbraHttpThreadPoolMaxIdleTimeMillis) I get zimbraHttpThreadPoolMaxIdleTimeMillis: 10000

However, the attribute isn't being set in jetty.xml <Set name="maxIdleTimeMs"></Set>

EDIT: More info.

If I run zmprov from the ldap master I get the zimbraHttpThreadPoolMaxIdleTimeMillis: 10000 value. If I specify zmprov -l from the ldap master I also get the value. However, when I run zmprov -l servername from the mbox server, it does not return the value. It also doesn't report the zimbraHttpConnectorMaxIdleTimeMillis variable either. Below are all of the zimbraHttp variables and values returned by zmprov -l servername from the LDAP master and from the mailbox server.

From the LDAP master:
    zimbraHttpConnectorMaxIdleTimeMillis: 60000
    zimbraHttpDebugHandlerEnabled: TRUE
    zimbraHttpNumThreads: 250
    zimbraHttpSSLNumThreads: 50
    zimbraHttpThreadPoolMaxIdleTimeMillis: 10000

From mailbox server:
    zimbraHttpDebugHandlerEnabled: TRUE
    zimbraHttpNumThreads: 250
    zimbraHttpSSLNumThreads: 50

EDIT2:
    I ran through the install again on the mailbox server and after the re-install, zmprov -l gs servername still does not produce the 2 new attributes. The zmprov -l gs servername from the LDAP master still does produce the 2 new attributes.

EDIT3:
    Our setup 2 LDAP servers, 2 MTAs, 1 proxy, 2 mailbox servers. If I run "zmprov -l gs servername | grep zimbraHttp" from the LDAP master server, I get the 5 attributes and values listed above under "From the LDAP master:". If I run the same command from any of the other servers in our setup, I only get the 3 attributes listed above under "From mailbox server:"

EDIT4:
    I can set the attribute value on the LDAP master server:
    zmprov -l ms servername zimbraHttpThreadPoolMaxIdleTimeMillis 10000
    and it returns fine.
    However, from any of the other servers in our environment, I get the following:
    zmprov -l ms servername zimbraHttpThreadPoolMaxIdleTimeMillis 10000
    ERROR: account.INVALID_ATTR_NAME (invalid attr name: [LDAP: error code 17 - zimbraHttpThreadPoolMaxIdleTimeMillis: attribute type undefined]) (cause: javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeIdentifierE xception [LDAP: error code 17 - zimbraHttpThreadPoolMaxIdleTimeMillis: attribute type undefined])

EDIT5:
    just to make sure, I verified that zimbraHttpThreadPoolMaxIdleTimeMillis was defined in /opt/zimbra/conf/attrs/zimbra-attrs.xml and it was there on every server.
    <attr id="1429" name="zimbraHttpThreadPoolMaxIdleTimeMillis" type="integer" card
    inality="single" optionalIn="globalConfig,server" flags="serverInherited" requir
    esRestart="mailbox" since="7.2.3">
    <globalConfigValue>10000</globalConfigValue>
    <desc>The maximum thread idle time in milli seconds. Threads that are idle for
    longer than this period may be stopped.</desc>
    </attr>
    Last edited by mclemen2; 04-24-2013 at 01:03 PM.

This is one of those 'Follow the docs' kind of answer.

When you are upgrading a multi-server Zimbra, you start with the primary LDAP server as documented in the release notes. AFAIK, there is not yet a supported way to upgrade some but not all of your Zimbra servers. You might be able to get away with it for some versions and for some services, but don't count on it. Sorry.

One more things, AFAIK, as described on docs, you must be using same versions on all servers with multi server scenario. The problem on your settings came from incorrect version between the new mailbox (8.0.3) and another server (8.0.2).
    Best Regards
    ---
    Masim "Vavai" Sugianto
    Zimbra Tutorial
    Personal Blog [ID]

Release 8.0.6_GA_5922.SLES11_64_20131203103702 SLES11_64 FOSS edition.

In my case, I've gone through several upgrades in the past and followed Ajcody's multi-server guides. This is post upgrade on all servers, and I even ran the install twice on one of the servers just to be sure.

Got bit by a DNS issue in our test domain. test systems were hitting the production LDAP master not the test LDAP master.