Thread: Help in setting up zimbra!!!

Hybrid View

Default Help in setting up zimbra!!!

I am new to zimbra and want to know a couple steps to be done in setting up my mail server.

I have configured 3 domains in zcs 8.02. In the 3 domain 2 will have internal access and external world access. The third domain is only for internal mail communication (only between the 3 domains).

1. I want to know to how i should configure the 3rd domain such that it is only used for internal communication.
    2. In all the 3 domains (separately) i want to group users by their job profile and assign different quota settings. Is this possible? Even webmail should be blocked for some set of users.
    3. The domain which is used for internal communication should not have access to webmail rather it will be accessed only using outlook or other mail client.

Can someone help on the above queries. Thanks in advance.

1.Setup the Server and Create domain as needed.(Which I understand You have already Done)
    2.Define COS to achieve Quota and Feature Differentiation for s set of Groups.
    Use Postfix sender/Recipient Restrict to control sending of mails between each of the 3 domains.
    3.Not Sure why you want to restrict users from accessing Mails From Browser.If u want internal users not to
    access mails from Internet for a server which is Published on internet , you can force additional authentication using firewall.

Thanks for your reply Himanshu...

1st point is completed.
    2. I am able to set quota but i dont understand what you mean by feature differentiation. Can you also explain me how to do the restriction using Postfix.
    3. It is a requirement from the management.

Hi Bala,

Using postfix restriction you can restrict user in sending mail to only few domain. RestrictPostfixRecipients - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Md Safeek

Thankyou Md safeek... I was able to do what i exactly require.