Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Add Disclaimer to Email

Angry

Workarounds and complex scripts are one thing, but the long and short of this is that Zimbra needs to get this functionality into the mail code asap or risk losing customers.

New customers evaluating the product in a region where this is a legal requirement will have no option but to select a product that already offers this function.

It's not a case of selection based on extra features, is a case of selecting a product based on minimum required features. In this case, it's a forced disclaimer.

If the users can come up with a hack in a matter of hours, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to play the indignant user card and say that Zimbra should release an intergrated fix in the next point upgrade.

I'm currently an OSS user (because the zimbra sales team dont seem interested in answering my mails) so I cant demand these features, but I'm sure the Network Edition users should be able to insist on this

I conversed with Zimbra support via email last week, and was told that the disclaimer feature will be available in version 6.0. It's not a big deal to me, as it is not a requirement. However, I was surprised that it wasn't slated for 5.0.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The entry in bugzilla is bug 4720.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

I've added vote for this, does seem a bit odd there's no short or even medium term plans to remedy this when it's european corporate law, sure is gonna turn off a lot of potential customers.

For me, it's a bit like delivery/read receipts -- a waste, but some of my users think it's important. Of course, those of you across the pond are facing a different situation, government regulation. The best advice I can give you is to vote for the RFE. Zimbra is probably more responsive to customer feedback than any company out there. Until then, use the altermime workaround. It's pretty easy to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I'm currently an OSS user (because the zimbra sales team dont seem interested in answering my mails) so I cant demand these features, but I'm sure the Network Edition users should be able to insist on this
    PM me your email address and I'll take a look at the email(s) you've sent to sales@
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Unhappy Agreed!!

We need a global disclaimer as well!!!

Altermime doesn't work sending email using thunderbird as pure html only!

My legal departments will say... I had that in my other company...why is not possible? PLEASE, we need Global disclaimer per domain as soon as possible!!!

We understand

We can only squeeze so much into 5.0
    We're happy of the interest, but this one's gonna have to wait for GNR, which is 5.5 (tenitivly).

We sell Zimbra NE here in Malaysia..

This feature is getting demand from potential customers. Zimbra must indeed speed things up in order to cope with these demands... or the potential customers might be grabbed by some other solutions..

Normally I can avoid things like that from happening by stating that it could be customized to fits one needs.. like altermime.. but for less techie admin.. they found it such a fuss when he/she is so used in using web based UI instead of the CLI..
    Last edited by scalper; 09-16-2007 at 11:57 PM.