We are getting a large amount of spam from overseas locations. So I set up my own RBL list and added it to the mta using zmprov - and that has worked well, until we had some legitimate email blocked. The sender of the email was sending via one of the compromised SMTP servers in my RBL list.
What I want to do is add my RBL to spamassassin - then for those few emails we get, the individual recipient can add the sender to their private white list.
I created a file named:
and put in it:
header __RCVD_IN_PRIVATERBL eval:check_rbl('private', 'bl.mydomain.net.')
describe __RCVD_IN_PRIVATERBL Received via a relay in bl.mydomain.net
tflags __RCVD_IN_PRIVATERBL net
header RCVD_IN_PRIVATERBL_SPAM eval:check_rbl_sub('private', '127.0.0.2')
describe RCVD_IN_PRIVATERBL_SPAM PRIVATERBL: sender is confirmed spam source
tflags RCVD_IN_PRIVATERBL_SPAM net
score RCVD_IN_PRIVATERBL_SPAM 0 3 0 3 # n=0 n=2
and I restarted zimbra (zmcontrol restart) but the above config file appears to be ignored.