I've just recently setup a new server running Zimbra ZCS OSE 8.0.3 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Specs:
1 GB
30 GB Storage
2 CPU
on a KVM VPS

Zimbra installed well, no problems (which is more than I can say for OpenVZ argh).

I am getting a bunch of emails everyday that says service xxxxx has stopped, service xxxx has started and so on. I got a bunch at 1:40 and 1:41am last night.

The services mainly affected are (in order of frequency): mailbox, mailboxd, stats, sasl, antivirus, mta

They always seem to start up again so I haven't noticed any "down time" but I would like to debug the cause.

First, I know that I'm running Zimbra on 1GB and it should be 2GB. But, I only have 5-6 users using it with only 1-2 heavy email users. So, I'm trying to get away with the MINIMUM ram possible to save on costs.

I have not run any java/mysql tweaks yet to try and reduce the footprint. I thought I would check here first. If the concensus is that it is probably RAM that is causing the issue then I will try tweaking the settings a little to see if I can get it running responsive and reliable.

I don't know where to look to debug the issues though, so would appreciate the help.