Hiya,

I'm trying out our backup system (before it really crashes) by using the community backup script from this forum. The backups runs perfectly and creates the dar file. When transferred and unpacked, this dar-file gives me a complete zimbra installation.

Before unpacking the dar-file, i did a clean install on the recovery-system using the same version, to make the system 'aware' of zimbra. After the installation I stopped all Zimbra services, removed the folder /opt/zimbra/ , recreated it and then unpacked the dar file here. I fixed permissions on every file/folder.

Now the hostname is different on the recovery system: I've included the original hostname in the /etc/hosts to point to the new ip, so I can set the server name using zmsetservername (otherwise it wouldn't recognise the old hostname).

Zimbra now uses the new (and correct) hostname. My first question: Is this a correct way? Or should I change the server's hostname to the old one, and leave the zimbra-config intact?

Now, when starting the zimbra services, I get this output:

Code:
    Starting ldap...Done.
Unable to determine enabled services from ldap.
Enabled services read from cache. Service list may be inaccurate.
        Starting zmconfigd...Done.
        Starting logger...Failed.
Starting logswatch...[] FATAL: failed to initialize LDAP client
com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapException: LDAP error: : invalid credentials
ExceptionId:main:1370008016600:aa3f5cdea63a72ef
Code:ldap.LDAP_ERROR
        at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapException.LDAP_ERROR(LdapException.java:88)
        at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapException.mapToLdapException(UBIDLdapException.java:72)
        at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapException.mapToLdapException(UBIDLdapException.java:38)
        at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:117)
        at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnectionPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:64)
        at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapContext.init(UBIDLdapContext.java:93)
        at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.UBIDLdapClient.init(UBIDLdapClient.java:37)
        at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapClient.getInstance(LdapClient.java:63)
        at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.LdapClient.initialize(LdapClient.java:86)
        at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProv.<init>(LdapProv.java:46)
        at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.<init>(LdapProvisioning.java:256)
        at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.<init>(LdapProvisioning.java:253)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:374)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:327)
        at com.zimbra.cs.account.Provisioning.getInstance(Provisioning.java:280)
        at com.zimbra.cs.account.Provisioning.getInstance(Provisioning.java:237)
        at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.initProvisioning(ProvUtil.java:745)
        at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.main(ProvUtil.java:3506)
Caused by: LDAPException(resultCode=49 (invalid credentials), errorMessage='invalid credentials')
        at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnection.bind(LDAPConnection.java:1837)
        at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionPool.createConnection(LDAPConnectionPool.java:666)
        at com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPConnectionPool.<init>(LDAPConnectionPool.java:562)
        at com.zimbra.cs.ldap.unboundid.LdapConnectionPool.createConnPool(LdapConnectionPool.java:113)
        ... 18 more
zimbra logger service is not enabled!  failed.

Starting mailbox...Done.
        Starting antispam...Done.
        Starting antivirus...Done.
        Starting snmp...Done.
        Starting spell...Done.
        Starting mta...Failed.
Starting saslauthd...done.
opendkim: /opt/zimbra/conf/opendkim.conf: ldap://***:389/?DKIMSelector?sub?(DKIMIdentity=$d): dkimf_db_open(): Invalid credentials
Failed to start opendkim: 0
zmopendkimctl failed to start

Starting stats...Done.
FYI: the LDAP hostname was correct for the new server but I replaced it for privacy reasons with ***.

I checked the config for the ldap passwod and of course the config file mentions the same password as my original server (i checked). The LDAP also comes from this server, so I don't see a reason why the credentials would have changed, everything comes from the same server.

Any ideas? I'm using Zimbra Open Source 8.0.43 on a fully patched 12.04 (both servers are identical)

Kind regards,

Vincent